Need Help With Brake Pads Change?

Hello,

I'm planning on getting help to do my own brake pads change out. Does anyone know where I can OEM parts online? Besides pads, do I need the SHIM Kit?

Also, does anyone have full instructions on how to replace brake pads? I've done it on BMWs and other previous vehicles of mine, just want to make sure that it's no different than other vehicles.

Hello,

I'm planning on getting help to do my own brake pads change out. Does anyone know where I can OEM parts online? Besides pads, do I need the SHIM Kit?

Also, does anyone have full instructions on how to replace brake pads? I've done it on BMWs and other previous vehicles of mine, just want to make sure that it's no different than other vehicles.

Directions:

Dude its the easiest thing in the world! You will need; Jack, Pliers, A heavy duty Screw driver and about 30 minutes per tire.

Difficulty on a 1-10 scale...."4"

Remove the tire, which will expose your break system. There is a pin that slides through both brake shoes/pads. In order to remove it you have to take a a smaller pin out of the the larger pin (this keeps the larger pin in place.)Once removed there will be a metal plate that falls off that helps hold the pads in place. Once both are off the brake pads literally slide out. Lexus will want about 100 dollars a pair for the shoes. Any auto parts store's best shoes/pads will run you about half. They work fine and come with built in shims. feel free to remove the metals ones that may already be there. being that your old breaks are skinnier that your new ones.Use your heavy duty screw driver to wedge between you rotor and the compression circles that tighten as you apply your breaks. Slide both shoes/pad in the appropriate directions into the slots and dont forget to put you brake sensor on the new shoes/pads also... Im at work so im rush typing hope this makes sense. Anyway place the metal plate back in front of the pads slide the pin through the shoes and replace the small pin that keeps that pin from pulling back out. This is when you will need the pliers. Gotta get back to work

Hope this helped,

Peace