Vibration And Harmonic Noise

lenore

Several years ago I started troubleshooting a very weird harmonic noise coming somewhere from the bottom of car...I tried drive shafts, wheel bearings, control arms...nothing seemed to fix it...my next shot was going to be the drive shaft center support bearings going to the rear axle...fast forward I sold my car, and the new owners have kept in touch and just replaced the bearings after asking my opinion..The vibration is gone....Just thought I would post this to help others in coming up with a solution...The car was a 99 with 188k miles.. :whistles:

• 4 weeks later...

This is the bearing on the Toyota highlander, it is located somewhere between the front differential and rear differential....

At Rock Auto it is about $125, no idea how much to install...

post-12820-0-71390300-1303618580_thumb.j

This is the bearing on the Toyota highlander, it is located somewhere between the front differential and rear differential....

At Rock Auto it is about $125, no idea how much to install...

Thanks so much for that. Was your harmonic noise only present when cold and/or for short periods of time? I have a similar noise that has been present only on cold mornings on two highlanders I've had. I thought it was exhaust or cat converter related. Also, it's worth noting that I don't have any vibration or anything like that, just a weird noise.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Matt