Steering Damper For 90 Ls

LexKing

newbie here. i did the search thing here, there, google, but still not very clear... just wondering which site is best for aftermarket steering damper for 90 ls400? dealer prices at 130 is ridiculous for a small shock... went to monroe site, but it's not car specific.

any help will be appreciated.

$130 seems like a decent price for an OEM part that has a retail price of $229.94. The part number I got from http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ for the "Lexus OEM Steering Damper Assembly" is "45700-50011". Sewell sells the part for $139.11 when you register with your forum member name.

Having owned a 1990 LS400 for many years, I just now did some searching on eBay and elsewhere. I found a number of other aftermarket steering system parts but no aftermarket steering dampers for the 90 LS -- doesn't mean that they don't exist.

newbie here. i did the search thing here, there, google, but still not very clear... just wondering which site is best for aftermarket steering damper for 90 ls400? dealer prices at 130 is ridiculous for a small shock... went to monroe site, but it's not car specific.

The stearing damper for my '92 LS has been "stored" in a drawer of my tool chest since shortly after purchasing in late '91. I removed it when I upgraded to 16X8 Wheels and wider tire treads. No ill effects so far that I know of.

The stearing damper for my '92 LS has been "stored" in a drawer of my tool chest since shortly after purchasing in late '91. I removed it when I upgraded to 16X8 Wheels and wider tire treads. No ill effects so far that I know of.

Hmm... Okay, steering damper shock. I have a '94 with 235K. The steering wheel shakes badly when I traverse a rough area in the road. I must replace the steering rack because fluid is seeping out of the seals on both sides of the piston rams of the steering rack. However is it not the steering damper that ameliorates the shocks to the tires over rough roads? Alignment is perfect and tires are new. Nevertheless, traversing a rough spot in the road transfers up through to the steering wheel; it is unnerving to feel in a luxury car and a little embarrassing as the wheel violently shakes, relatively speaking.

Opinions please?