Help Cannot Remove Rear Carrier Bolt

kuziwk

im trying to remove the rear carrier bolt to remove the rear axle carrier bushing, but the c@&$ s@&! is seized and everytime i try and hit it with a hammer it bounces back due to the rubber bushing absorbing shock. Can anyone help me??????????????

Edited by LEXIRX330
Cleaned up language

You give Canadians a bad image writing like that. Expect further on it.

you know its a little hard to type with mechanics gloves on sitting in a shop with my laptop and impact gun in the other and a cigarette in my mouth. btw not helping. For the record trailer park boys give canadian's a bad name.

get a longer cheater bar

I put alot of pressure, i tried everything. The bolt is just stuck, not to mention i don't think i bigger bar would help as i doubt it would even fit. Any suggestions on where to buy new bolts?, i find this very hard to believe that on 1st gen ls400's more people don't run into this issue.

Smoking is hazardous to your health. Haven't you read the immense warning label on Canadian tabacco products... not to mention the huge waste of money...

As Billy stated use a longer breaker bar and use a 6 point socket. If you use a 12 point you'll probably round over the nut and then you've got real trouble.

Smoking is hazardous to your health. Haven't you read the immense warning label on Canadian tabacco products... not to mention the huge waste of money...

As Billy stated use a longer breaker bar and use a 6 point socket. If you use a 12 point you'll probably round over the nut and then you've got real trouble.

I workout 6 days a week and count my calories eating mostly organic food and clean protein sources, so why dont you tell me whats healthy when you put down your fast food hamburger and suger filled soda, i completely cut sugar even in coffee. If i want to enjoy some smokes on the weekend why the hell not.

I got a longer breaker bar and got the driver side bushing in, but the passenger side....I broke the trailing arm/strut rod in half where it connect's to the knuckle and stripped the bolt to boot, i welded up the strut rod as this is my daily driver and im driving very cautious now. As soon as i find a strut rod i will replace it with my dads help (sometime this week), as well as grinding the bolt off and putting in a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a IS300 and I went in for a wheel alignment and a bolt attched to the control arm broke. The mechanic then goes on to say that rear bolts are all ceased and he would need to replace the rear bushings. re-lubricate, etc. Cost $400-500. That I was fine with. However, when he called Lexus, they do not sell the bushing separate. They sell the knuckle along with the bushing as a package. And then to replace the knucle the cost per knuckle is 476 parts alone.

Can I not get the bushings only and get those replaced and get my alignment done?

Thanks.