2012 Changes

420benz

If I had an 07-09 I wouldn't trade it on a 2012 that was the same as the 2011 probably, unless it was a lease or something I had to replace. I'd wait for the new model.

There is a lot of competition out there for the ES now that it never used to have...I'm a little worried for them if this delay is true. Same for the Camry...the Camry is archaic compared to its competition nowadays.

There certainly is some interesting competition to the ES out there right now. From Buick, Lincoln, Audi, Infiniti, Acura, the list goes on. I'm sure that Lexus realizes this, so hopefully the new ES will stay at or near the top of the Entry Level Luxury pack.

yeah, i totally agree....competitors have really caught up...will be interesting to see if lexus can innovate a bit at this point

i drove all the cars you mentioned, before buying the 2011 es, and as we have discussed here on this forum, it was a close call...especially the infiniti

If I had an 07-09 I wouldn't trade it on a 2012 that was the same as the 2011 probably, unless it was a lease or something I had to replace. I'd wait for the new model.

There is a lot of competition out there for the ES now that it never used to have...I'm a little worried for them if this delay is true. Same for the Camry...the Camry is archaic compared to its competition nowadays.

There certainly is some interesting competition to the ES out there right now. From Buick, Lincoln, Audi, Infiniti, Acura, the list goes on. I'm sure that Lexus realizes this, so hopefully the new ES will stay at or near the top of the Entry Level Luxury pack.

yeah, i totally agree....competitors have really caught up...will be interesting to see if lexus can innovate a bit at this point

i drove all the cars you mentioned, before buying the 2011 es, and as we have discussed here on this forum, it was a close call...especially the infiniti

When we bought our car the Infiniti G37x was on our short list. Nice car. Good value too IMO.

When we bought our car the Infiniti G37x was on our short list. Nice car. Good value too IMO.

yeah, infiniti g37x was a close second choice for me....great style, much better performance than the es, with all the benefits of awd at a bit lower price..unfortunately just a tad small for my taste

• 6 months later...

The Camry is substantially changed for 2012, but the basic "hard points" on the body, plus engines, transmissions etc.did not change, so the ES may continue for 2012 on the same basic body. I have heard that it is due for renewal in 2013, but not from a formal source.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted yet..didnt want to look thru entire thread to see..sorry if it is a repeat...

The ES 350 cruises into the 2012 model year virtually unchanged except for the new Nebula Gray Pearl exterior, which replaces Smoky Granite Mica; and the discontinuation of Peridot Mica.

Not sure if this has been posted yet..didnt want to look thru entire thread to see..sorry if it is a repeat...

The ES 350 cruises into the 2012 model year virtually unchanged except for the new Nebula Gray Pearl exterior, which replaces Smoky Granite Mica; and the discontinuation of Peridot Mica.

I saw somewhere that the ES350 will be available in a limited edition Touring Edition. The only big difference, as I recall, is special leather seating surfaces and different wheels. All of the other stuff on it is available in other packages. The only colors are black and white. I think the MSRP was around $40.5k. I'll try to find the link.