Headlight Bulb Works When Tapped

I thought the bulb was busted and had it sitting out of the houseing and tapped it and it came on. I put it back in and doesn't work. You think its the electrical or dirt in the connector or the terminal on the bulb?

gs300/2000

My guess is a lose connection in the wiring where it reaches the plug. Try switching the bulb on that side with the bulb from the other and see if it works. If not, then it's definitely the wiring.

If that's the case, there are 9005/9006 plugs on ebay, you can cut the broken plug and solder in a new one. <_<

My guess is a lose connection in the wiring where it reaches the plug. Try switching the bulb on that side with the bulb from the other and see if it works. If not, then it's definitely the wiring.

If that's the case, there are 9005/9006 plugs on ebay, you can cut the broken plug and solder in a new one. <_<

thx, good idea. what a pain to get it out, but the passenger side is easier. Ill switch it out and see. thx. looks like rewiring wouldn't be so bad except or the tubes in the way hehe.

Incandescent lamps often fail in this way because of breaks in filament. When you tap it, the broken ends touch and the current flowing through the lamp temporarily welds them together. Sounds like a simple burned out lamp.