Resetting Ecu To Improve Performance

Hello,

I was lucky enough to have generous grandparents to pass down to me their 1993 ES300 with 67k original miles that is in almost-showroom condition. It is a wonderful car that runs great and is extremely comfortable.

My question is: Can the ECU fuse be pulled to reset how the automatic transmission has "learned" to shift over time? My grandparents drove the car VERY gently and it seems that the car is eager to short shift because of that and it seems to impede its acceleration performance in stoplight-to-stoplight driving around town. I would like to reset the parameters the car has grown accustomed to over the past 18 years and have it acclimate itself to the way I prefer to drive.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello,

I was lucky enough to have generous grandparents to pass down to me their 1993 ES300 with 67k original miles that is in almost-showroom condition. It is a wonderful car that runs great and is extremely comfortable.

My question is: Can the ECU fuse be pulled to reset how the automatic transmission has "learned" to shift over time? My grandparents drove the car VERY gently and it seems that the car is eager to short shift because of that and it seems to impede its acceleration performance in stoplight-to-stoplight driving around town. I would like to reset the parameters the car has grown accustomed to over the past 18 years and have it acclimate itself to the way I prefer to drive.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I learnt that resetting the computer on the good end gives you more housepower bad end you got to reset everything resetting it like you do your home computer