Car Selling

denslexusgx470

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else. At a certain point of your life, friends or family always say "When you're ready to sell your car let me know I'll buy it off you!" Well 9 times out of 10 once that time comes to sell, no one is saying anything about buying it. Usually they'll start calling you once you have sold it to someone else or you got sick of selling it and decided to trade it in. Well here's an interesting encounter that I experienced yesterday.

A co-worker of mine asked me "Who drives that white 4Runner?" Then I said "That's mine! I drive that if I don't drive the Lex" and she replied "I figured it might have been yours because it's so immaculate and clean". So I go on and thank her (I always get the same comment from everyone hehe) BUT then she mentions "You know what, my car is giving me so many problems and I've been looking at those 4Runners for myself. Do you think you'd wanna sell it anytime soon?"

I told her that I wasn't in the position to sell it, and if EVER I do sell it, I would have to sell it at the maximum KBB value considering this is a 1 owner, accident-free vehicle, immaculate and almost scratch-less. So I told her the price, and surprisingly she said "Ok well whatever price is fair!" .. :blink: :blink: :blink:

So I look at her in amazement, because never in my whole life that I've sold cars that someone is willing to buy my car at the maximum KBB value. :wacko::wacko: Obviously if I were to sell it I wouldn't lower the price because for one thing I am not in the position to sell it and I just got new Michelin Latitude tires for the 4Runner.

It's just too bad that we all talked about it as a family and decided to NOT sell it. Just thought I'd ask if anyone's encountered a similar situation like mine. Besides, I'm not ready to let go of 2 cars within 1 year lol :rolleyes: (just sold the CR-V about a month ago)