Ls400 Makes Short Buzzer Sound When I Turn Ignation Key

devraj

Hi All,

I have 1992 Lexus LS 400. Couple of days ago I was in parking lot and trying to park the car (less than 5 mile/hour speed) and all of the sudden car turned off. It felt like battery connection was lost. I crank it up again and it started. I parked my car and everything was fine. In the evening I again started my car and came home. At this point car started sounding 2 seconds buzzer before I start the care and after car is started.

Next morning, when I tried to start my car it did not start. It almost felt like battery was down. I jump started it with my wife's car and it was started. When it started again, I turned it off just to make sure it starts again. Unfortunately it did not start again. So I though it might be battery issue. I left the car there and decided to buy new battery.

Next morning, before buying new battery, I tried to start my car again and it started. I drove it around for couple of miles and everything looks OK. Only issue is the buzzer sound, Ever since my car stop running in my office parking lot, I hear this short 2 second buzzer sound as soon as I turn my car key, It sounds for 2 second before I crank it up. Than once I start the car, buzzer sounds for another 2 seconds. It almost feels like it is coming from hidden speaker somewhere. It is louder than regular sound.

I don't know what is wrong with the car. This is really old car with 185k mile on it. At this point I don't know if it is worth to take it to dealer and spend lots of money.

I would appreciate any help and any workaround to fix this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Devraj

put your seat belt on before starting the car, could be the seat belt buzzer.

I wish that was the case. This buzze sound is really loud and it is not seat belt warning. Looks like warning for something else.

Devraj

Did you ever buy the new battery? I think you are on the right track. At first I thought it might be your fuel pump acting up, but the buzzing is probably the starter relay chattering due to a battery that is on it way out. The residual buzzing for 2 seconds after you release the key is puzzling to me and does not fit. I would recommend that you take the car to Autozone (or equivalent) and have then load test the battery and test the charging system. Its free.