Help!, Oil On Spark Plugs?

kuziwk

Are oil on the spark plugs normal??? After pulling the plugs i found gunky oil on most of the plugs threads...i will try and take pictures but they didnt seem to be on the sparking part of the plug. Anyways 4 months ago my car i beleive was leaking oil from the rear main seal and i would have to keep adding oil until i switched to mobile 1 and used one treatment of STP stop leak. My oil level has been fine since than but the last shop that did it overfilled it a bit past the line, could it now be burning oil? Perhaps the treatment of stop leak stopped the oil level dropping but the remains were still on the old spark plugs?

Have you checked the cam shaft cover gaskets as these can leak and the oil may enter the spark plug holes,if the spark plug electrodes are the correct color (chocolate brown) this would indicate the engine is running fine and the oil is coming from an external source.

Have you checked the cam shaft cover gaskets as these can leak and the oil may enter the spark plug holes,if the spark plug electrodes are the correct color (chocolate brown) this would indicate the engine is running fine and the oil is coming from an external source.

no me thinks its the valve cover gaskets, which I doubt I could do because its daily driver, plus I doubt I have the skills. I think the shop overfilled my oil, could this be why?and no the plug tips look fine its the upper portion of the plug. how can I tighten the valve bolts?, I heard it may fix it.

I wouldn't try tightening the valve cover bolts as this does not usually stop leaks already present and there was a case once when someone actually cracked a valve cover by doing this.

The tutorial is below for replacing the gaskets,it doesn't look too bad depending on your skills.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/engine/valvecover.html

I wouldn't try tightening the valve cover bolts as this does not usually stop leaks already present and there was a case once when someone actually cracked a valve cover by doing this.

The tutorial is below for replacing the gaskets,it doesn't look too bad depending on your skills.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/engine/valvecover.html

yeah ive looked at this, prior to this car i had very little experience. This car has taught me alot of suspension and the likes. Honestly if this was not my daily driver i could do it but since it is...it becomes very difficult. At any rate my motor mounts need to be changed first i think.