What Did You Pay?

What did you pay for your Lexus...please include year, make amd model, mileage, color, condition, Pre-owned/Certified or new, and finance deal. If we all share on here, we can squeeze the dealer for the best possible price, so lets be honest about what we post. For example, I just purchased a pre-owned certified 2008 Lexus RX350 with Navigation/Blue tooth, tow package, heated seats and 18 inch tires. Silver color, light gray leather interior. Mileage was 32,150. After some hard negotiation, I paid $27,250 out the door, no dealer fees (excluding tax, tag and title). I received the additional 3-year or 100K warranty, plus an awesome finance rate through Lexus of 2.9%. Was this a good deal, bad deal, or average deal in your opinion? What was your deal?

I just payed $24k for a 2008 RX400h with 88k miles...Has every option except rear entertainment center...silver with 18inch wheels. Extremely clean...

I just payed $24k for a 2008 RX400h with 88k miles...Has every option except rear entertainment center...silver with 18inch wheels. Extremely clean...

Is it a Certified Pre-Owned? I'm guessing not with 88K as it would only give you 12K on the warranty...any ideas how many years you have until the hybrid battery has to be replaced? I heard it's a max of 8 years.

What did you pay for your Lexus...please include year, make amd model, mileage, color, condition, Pre-owned/Certified or new, and finance deal. If we all share on here, we can squeeze the dealer for the best possible price, so lets be honest about what we post. For example, I just purchased a pre-owned certified 2008 Lexus RX350 with Navigation/Blue tooth, tow package, heated seats and 18 inch tires. Silver color, light gray leather interior. Mileage was 32,150. After some hard negotiation, I paid $27,250 out the door, no dealer fees (excluding tax, tag and title). I received the additional 3-year or 100K warranty, plus an awesome finance rate through Lexus of 2.9%. Was this a good deal, bad deal, or average deal in your opinion? What was your deal?

First post and just joined the forum. Seems like really great info on here so far.

I bought a 2008 RX350 no Nav, stock 17" wheels, but tow package, heated seats etc, pearl white with black interior with approximately 90,000 KM on it (or about 56,000 miles). Not much room negotiating at the dealer, so ended up paying $26,000 plus 13% Ontario tax. Excellent condition, not much sign of wear and tear at all. Compared to many I looked at in the 2007-2009 range, the interior, exterior and under the hood all appeared mint. One of those deals where I would have loved to squeeze more out of the dealer, but we love the car, so we are extremely happy.

Is it a Certified Pre-Owned? I'm guessing not with 88K as it would only give you 12K on the warranty...any ideas how many years you have until the hybrid battery has to be replaced? I heard it's a max of 8 years.

Yes only 12k miles left, but from what I have seen and since I am a previous RX300 owner, I feel it should be a good car in the long run...As for the battery (hybrid) who knows, I see some pruis owners with over 400k miles and still going on original battery..Hey for paying less than half price, a battery would be bad, but still make the car worth the purchase....after all it lost over 24k in equity when I purchased....

Yes only 12k miles left, but from what I have seen and since I am a previous RX300 owner, I feel it should be a good car in the long run...As for the battery (hybrid) who knows, I see some pruis owners with over 400k miles and still going on original battery..Hey for paying less than half price, a battery would be bad, but still make the car worth the purchase....after all it lost over 24k in equity when I purchased....

Agreed - you cannot beat the deal on Pre-Owned vs. a new Lexus. I'm just wondering why it took me so long to figure it out...

First post and just joined the forum. Seems like really great info on here so far.

I bought a 2008 RX350 no Nav, stock 17" wheels, but tow package, heated seats etc, pearl white with black interior with approximately 90,000 KM on it (or about 56,000 miles). Not much room negotiating at the dealer, so ended up paying $26,000 plus 13% Ontario tax. Excellent condition, not much sign of wear and tear at all. Compared to many I looked at in the 2007-2009 range, the interior, exterior and under the hood all appeared mint. One of those deals where I would have loved to squeeze more out of the dealer, but we love the car, so we are extremely happy.

Congrats Mike and welcome aboard! Was your car a Certified Pre-Owned from Lexus with the extended warranty? If it was and you consider I paid $1,250 more with navigation/blue tooth and 18" wheels, about 24K less miles, I think you did fairly well on the price...That 13% tax rate in Ontario is brutal though, ours is half that amount.

Agreed - you cannot beat the deal on Pre-Owned vs. a new Lexus. I'm just wondering why it took me so long to figure it out...

Heck took me 40 years to figure that out, man have I wasted a lot of money.... :whistles:

Congrats Mike and welcome aboard! Was your car a Certified Pre-Owned from Lexus with the extended warranty? If it was and you consider I paid $1,250 more with navigation/blue tooth and 18" wheels, about 24K less miles, I think you did fairly well on the price...That 13% tax rate in Ontario is brutal though, ours is half that amount.

Unfortunately didn't buy it from a Lexus dealer so not Certified Pre-Owned, I purchased from a Mercedes Benz dealer. They had all the car proof reports etc and I know the Lexus dealer where it was purchased, so hoping to find the service history. Not too worried, but sounds like you got a great deal compared to mine. Unfortunately even if I shopped in the US, the Cdn government would still manage to get their share equivalent to our 13% tax here.

As far as extended warranties - does anyone on here recommend adding one either through Lexus or somewhere else? I was quoted by a friend of a friend that works at a Nissan dealer for a 3 yr/80,000 KM (50,000 miles) warranty bumper to bumper covering all parts and labour for $3,700 with a $50 deductible. Seems like a lot but not sure what to expect in maintenance costs over the next 3 years or so...

• 2 weeks later...

I will not provide the specifics of my purchase as I consider it a private matter, but I can tell you that you should be able to chop 8% from the asking price. Compare what's available in the market to form an opinion of what's a fair price. A pre-owned at Lexus dealers sells for a few thousands more than an identical car sold at a non-lexus dealer.

In America, go to http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Lexus-LS-460-d934 to do a comparison. And in Canada, you can use autocatch.com as a starting point.

We just purchased a 2008 RX 350 with 75K miles at a local dealer (not a Lexus dealer), has NAV, Bluetooth and back-up camera, very good condition inside and out, clean one-owner Carfax and a regular and uneventful maintenance history on Lexus.com, we had it serviced at Lexus dealer (75K) with no issues found, for $22.3 K (in SF Bay Area).

It is a delightful vehicle, enjoying it greatly...

Paid US$29K before tax for 08 RX350 in September 2010 from a non-Lexus dealer. 36.8K miles. Black outside and light brown inside. Nav, Bluetooth, 18" wheel, heat front seat, seat memory ...

• 2 months later...

2009 RX350 Pebble Beach, Nav, BT, 34K miles, non-Lexus dealer. Brand new Eagle tires and front brakes. $30K(b4 tax & fees). SF bay area.Excellent condition.

We paid $45k for our 07 when they first came out. I guess it was less. The dealer came close to what Costco and the credit union quoted us. I'd never bought a brand new car before. I generally bought 2yo cars. My reasoning for new was that these cars held their value so well, it wasn't worth buying used. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe half its value in 4 years isn't terrible. Now, our house, on the other hand... ;>

My poster child for depreciation - In the early 90's, I was working at a Lincoln dealer. I was making good money, and wondered about buying a Mk8(?), and what discount I'd get working there, as a manager. (looking back - probably not much!)

One day I was looking in the paper, and noticed 2yo Mk8's were going for half the original $45k! I'm sure there is worse depreciation, but who would be crazy enough to take that kind of a hit!

• 2 weeks later...

2009 RX350 AWD, CPO, Loaded (Prem.Plus Pkg), Silver with Grey leather /black wood interior, 34,000 mi. $35k from Lexus dealer in Sacramento

24k for 2008 RX400h....87k miles, but heck was 6k cheaper than what the Sacramento dealer would go for a 2007 with 50k miles.....I figured for $6000 difference and one year newer than the CPO which had problems (bad headlights, crummy tires) it was a done deal....Very happy....great vehicle for half price.....Included nav, ML stereo, and adaptive lighting....

In May of 2009 we picked up the 2008 Rx400h with 40k miles with AWD, NAV, everything but ML for $31,000.

You still can't find that price TODAY. I blame fuel prices... Gotta love the hybrid!

• 3 years later...

I paid a local dealer $9,400 for my 2007 with 120k miles. After my trade it was $7,200 including tax. The car had new tires on it already so I looked at other items that needed to be updated. A local shop put in iridium plugs, changed the transmission, transfer case and differential fluids. I also changed to oil and installed an new air filter just to be sure. This was about $800 all in. One key was falling apart so I had a local locksmith take the guts out of the transmitter and cut a new key for $40. The car has a few scrapes and dents however I am using it to haul my family so I do not care. In a few weeks time I have driven this car 800 miles with no issues. One tps sensor is bad so the light is on and I probably will not fix. The steering rack does have a tear in one boot and is seeping ps fluid. I plan to let the rack wear out and then replace. I am thinking I have about a year to a year and a half left in this one. Over all this is a nice car that we were able to purchase on the cheap.

• 1 year later...

Just paid $16K for my 2008 RX400h with 82K miles and all the bells and whistles. The beautiful pearl white exterior paint and leather and wood grain interior are like new. It is a beautiful car.

• Like 1

On December 26, 2016 at 4:03 PM, lenore said:

smoken deal TerryMAC.  Enjoy your ride, I paid 24k in 2010 with the same basic mileage. 

Thanks Lenore. I've been enjoying a lot of your posts about tires, keys, mileage, etc. I'm really happy to have found this car. My wife got a 2006 RX400h last year and I really liked it. (But mine's better! Shhh.)

• Like 1