Buick Is Beating Lexus

pj8708

For two months now, Buick has continued to out sell Lexus. Buick is so popular in fact, the United States has suddenly become a secondary market with China buying more than the U.S. This article discusses the brands plan to dominate the low end "Luxury" market. Such as IS and ES.

http://autos.aol.com/article/buick-march-madness/

Good for Buick. Now let's see if the cars hold up! My mother-in-law and neighbor both have new CTS's both have had some problems and now they have got lord knows how many recalls my neighbors has been at the dealer all week long.

I have to admit the styling of Gov. Motors has grown on me...but they still aren't on my radar when thinking about a car.

I think they'd do very well in such a test.

Comparing Buick sales to Lexus sales really isn't a fair comparison, Buick sells less expensive cars than Lexus does...

FYI; My Lexus salesperson told me today that he has lost two RX350 sales this month to the ENCLAVE. The only reason was the 3rd seat in the Buick. The buyers were all previous Lexus owners, but just wanted more room at that price point.

Paul

Sure...the Enclave is a nice vehicle, and its really a weakness that the RX doesn't have a third row IMHO. The Highlander has a third row...

You and I know from our careers that no product can have every feature or every benefit. Lexus could stand an on their head and spit nickels but someone else would always have one more feature for at least on more moment. I don't see a future with Lexus being nubbier 2 to Buick. I've owned a Buick. Been there, done that. (We all make mistakes).

Paul

My father in law is considering the Lacrosse. If you go into an American car with the right mindset, they are great. You are getting a car that gives you more features for less money, but be sure not to own it for longer than 100,000 miles My wife's Tahoe was fantastic until we got to around 95,000, so it got traded in on another Chevy. She loves them.

I agree with TX on this one as well. I think the mindset of expectations is crucial. Look at me, I went from a GS430 to a friggin VW GTI, and remain just as happy today as I did when I did the trade last August. I had a 94 Jimmy SLT back in the late 90's, and while I grew to hate the mechanical nightmare it became (even though I abused the living crap out of it, first 4x4 I had owned), to this day, I have not found a driving position I like more than in a chevy. Even my former LS400 didn't quite "get there", but was darn close!

I'm not really surprised to hear that Buick is nipping at the heals of Lexus though. One automaker has been under the gun to produce results, and one has been under the gun to protect results. The one required to produce, usually makes bigger attempts at grabbing attention, while the other usually is a bit timid to stray too far from what works. Eventually, the producer will catch up to a point to either force the protector to react, or step aside.

Heels... Not heals...this freaking auto correct drives me insane!!