Blower Control Switch

nb7275

I have a 1999 RX300. The other day I got in the car, turned it on, turned the dial on the right to turn on the fan (blower) for air/AC, and instead of being able to adjust the fan speed, it just went to high and stayed there. The graph can still be regulated, but the speed of the fan stays on high. Took it to my mechanic and they said it's the 'blower motor control relay'. The part is only a Lexus part and the cost is $370! Give or take. Does anyone know if there is an after-market part for this? The Lexus part # is 87165-22020. Thanks for any help/ideas. BTW, I LOVE my RX300!!

I have a 1999 RX300. The other day I got in the car, turned it on, turned the dial on the right to turn on the fan (blower) for air/AC, and instead of being able to adjust the fan speed, it just went to high and stayed there. The graph can still be regulated, but the speed of the fan stays on high. Took it to my mechanic and they said it's the 'blower motor control relay'. The part is only a Lexus part and the cost is $370! Give or take. Does anyone know if there is an after-market part for this? The Lexus part # is 87165-22020. Thanks for any help/ideas. BTW, I LOVE my RX300!!

Sorry, but I doubt there is an aftermarket. Best bet would be try e-bay or a wrecking yard.

Look here at part 87165 for $165

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?model=RX400H&year=2008&catalogCode=524410&VAID=2386&selectConditions=(0=MHU38L-AWXGKA)&sectionID=4&isBigPicture=False&componentsID=87-14&componentsIndex=37

it is listed under electrical, then heating and airconditioning cooler unit....goes for $153

Look here at part 87165 for $165

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?model=RX400H&year=2008&catalogCode=524410&VAID=2386&selectConditions=(0=MHU38L-AWXGKA)&sectionID=4&isBigPicture=False&componentsID=87-14&componentsIndex=37

it is listed under electrical, then heating and airconditioning cooler unit....goes for $153

I looked at the website, entered my VIN #, and there might be something there. I'm printing out the diagram and will take to my mechanic to see if that's what the part looks like. Thanks for the tip!