Remote Does Not Work

I have a 99 Lexus GS400 and the remote does not lock, unlock the doors, and the trunk release. The red light does not come on when I press the button. I replaced the battery and it worked, but only for 2 or 3 days. I replaced the battery again, and it still does not work and the red light does not come on. Anyone know what is wrong and/or know how to fix it? I think its a connection problem where the lithium battery and the metal thing connects but not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 99 Lexus GS400 and the remote does not lock, unlock the doors, and the trunk release. The red light does not come on when I press the button. I replaced the battery and it worked, but only for 2 or 3 days. I replaced the battery again, and it still does not work and the red light does not come on. Anyone know what is wrong and/or know how to fix it? I think its a connection problem where the lithium battery and the metal thing connects but not sure.

it def seems to be your key fob, try opening the case again and see if the contact points are worn or damaged. If that does not fix the problem then i believe you need a new master key. they go for roughly 140-170$ new.