Navigation Input While Driving (Not Driver-Passenger)

jacktherealtor

I just purchased a 2005 GX470 with Mark Levinson, rear camera & Navi, was not happy to learn the Lexus folks locked out the GPS while the truck is moving. My wife often uses the GPS while I drive--any way around that? Also, the unit has BlueTooth and I have it working fine with my Samsung Galaxy S phone and my wife's Treo however I want to run my IPOD Touch throught the system too, how do i get the IPOD input??

thanks!

I just purchased a 2005 GX470 with Mark Levinson, rear camera & Navi, was not happy to learn the Lexus folks locked out the GPS while the truck is moving. My wife often uses the GPS while I drive--any way around that? Also, the unit has BlueTooth and I have it working fine with my Samsung Galaxy S phone and my wife's Treo however I want to run my IPOD Touch throught the system too, how do i get the IPOD input??

thanks!

Jack,

This is a topic that comes up over and over again. There are a number of threads with answers to your questions so I am recommending a search of the forum which should give you tons of info. I'm not trying to blow you off, but I don't have a 05' and there are differences between the 05 and the 10'.

Also, someone else may chime in here and help out.

Paul

Don't think it possible with out splicing the wires. My 04 rx330 you could go into the menu to use the nav while in motion but when updated it would no longer work it It is what it is. Paul is right this has been covered many times and you should do a search. Best of luck.