short arm/cold air intake ?

kyle0k

yes you can go to home depot buy some alominum tubing and a couple clamps and make your own ram air kit this way it will be a true cold air intake.

or just save up a few bucks and buy the ram kit from them and then it will be true cold air intake.it is coming with the heat sheild correct?

if you save up and get the cold air box like me then it will be a true cold air intake and you will see the difference more.does it at least come with the heat sheild.if it does then you can connect a aluminum tube to the end of it and run it down outside the engine bay.or just buy the ram kit that converts the intake into cold air.either will work.

see i guess some people on this forum just didnt see that the dragon intake can be a true cold air intake with the heat sheild and ram kit.all air coming into my car is cold because its sucking in air from outside the engine not inside just the same as anyone with a true cold air intake.

save a few bucks and buy that kit when you get a chance.its worth it.good luck

well my dad just informed me that he hasnt changed the filter since he bought the car like 5 years ago,so actually when i put on the intake i will feel a huge difference,since its not only a intkae which would add a lil faster feeel but also a clean filter which will boost the horses compared to what it is now!:)

I bought it on dragon intakes and they give u a free refill so after i replace this filter with the free one ,next ill definatly get k and n.

skperformance: well isnt there a whole in the bay where the stock box is leading out to( i think) so now that there ill be nothing there wont air be rushing into the engine bay so it will be a lil cooler.

the little hole with minor amounts of ambient air to cool the intake charge is like blowing through a straw at a turkey cooking in an oven.

hmm how does the cold air box work(plus doesnt it add restriction now just like a stodk box would??

No it does not come with heat shield ,the ram air kit does though.

well yea its not too bad only like 58 bucks for ram air kit. but the only thing is that b\c its open element im going to have to be carefull and always worry about whether its raining or what not,and i know my dad drives it to work the car so if i tell him hes going to need to put on the storm shield everytime it rains or snows,he will definatly never let me put it on til the cars mine(which is liek in couple months).

so SK PERFORMANCE,what do you think about adding a cold air box or ram air kit,now will it be as good as acold air intake,and not be a piece of *BLEEP*?

It can't be as good or else it would be a cai.

It is just a conversion system to accomidate the better design with a bad one.

It would be better but still not as good asyou would be adding large amounts or turbulance.

what do you mean i would be adding large amounts of turbulance.

Why wouldnt it be as good isnt it getting the air just liek the CAI would/