How To Update Navigation Maps?

voltz

Hi y'all, I've been thinking of updating my Navigation maps on my 2004 GX 470 but all I read on the forums were DVD update discs. My 2004 only comes with a CD changer and a rear DVD player on both the front seat's headrest. Here's my dumb question....how can I update my Navi maps when the updates comes only on DVD format?

You have a nav system that has the DVD in it I think it is in the rear.

Try this http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/Service/GX470-2004/4444.html

Make sure it is the right one and also look at the instructions that will show you everything you need. Also I think if you mention you are a member they will give you a discount on your order.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi y'all, I've been thinking of updating my Navigation maps on my 2004 GX 470 but all I read on the forums were DVD update discs. My 2004 only comes with a CD changer and a rear DVD player on both the front seat's headrest. Here's my dumb question....how can I update my Navi maps when the updates comes only on DVD format?

The navigation DVD player is under the front passenger seat. Pop the cover off and press the eject button, you can get the DVD out and replace with an updated one ($199 from dealer).

• 3 years later...

The navigation DVD player is under the front passenger seat. Pop the cover off and press the eject button, you can get the DVD out and replace with an updated one ($199 from dealer).

Hi all, can someone tell me if there's any of this version that comes pre-loaded with Nigerian map. I have a GX470 (2007 model) and I will like to have my local maps on it. Any solution for my case? Thanking you all ahead...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I see this is an older thread I guess I’m bringing back from the dead. I am a longtime owner of my 2003 GX470, and I JUST NOW found out I can update my navigation. Got under the front passenger seat, popped my DVD out & attached is my disc. My question is, what is the newest navigation disc I can put in my 2003 GX470 that will still be compatible and run smoothly? Are the most up to date versions of the nav discs too advanced for my system? Any input will be helpful before throwing out over $100 or more for something I can’t use.

3F9E16B0-71A2-4B5A-A1F1-4771E36A3480.jpeg

11 hours ago, WMWiseman said:

I see this is an older thread I guess I’m bringing back from the dead. I am a longtime owner of my 2003 GX470, and I JUST NOW found out I can update my navigation. Got under the front passenger seat, popped my DVD out & attached is my disc. My question is, what is the newest navigation disc I can put in my 2003 GX470 that will still be compatible and run smoothly? Are the most up to date versions of the nav discs too advanced for my system? Any input will be helpful before throwing out over $100 or more for something I can’t use.

The final update for the gen 2/3 nav system like you have was in 2013 - the part numbers, which I think are for either west or east of the Mississippi are:

West Dealers:  PT219-GN23W-13

East Dealers:  PT219-GN23E-13

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out the last update year for the Gen5 (2007 - 2009) is 2015!!  A lot of good that does in Arizona, where there are new highways going up yearly.  AND you have to have 2 discs if you plan on crossing the Mississippi River!!

Part No. PT219-GEN5W-15 for West of the Mississippi River
Part No. PT219-GEN5E-15 for East of the Mississippi River

$169 each at Lexus of Chandler

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2007 RX 400h with the 2017 Gen 5 Navigation Map Update DVD U41 Ver 16.1 installed. It works very well but a lot of roads have changed and I would like to bring the map up to date.  I have not been able to locate a 2019 map for Gen 5 or newer anywhere.  Does anybody know if Lexus stopped producing map updates?  Or, alternatively, if there is any alternative GPS that can connect to the Lexus standard display unit.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, Ferreira said:

I have a 2007 RX 400h with the 2017 Gen 5 Navigation Map Update DVD U41 Ver 16.1 installed. It works very well but a lot of roads have changed and I would like to bring the map up to date.  I have not been able to locate a 2019 map for Gen 5 or newer anywhere.  Does anybody know if Lexus stopped producing map updates?  Or, alternatively, if there is any alternative GPS that can connect to the Lexus standard display unit.  Thanks.

A previous post in this thread said that the final update for the generation 5 navigation system was in 2015.  I suppose you could verify this by calling a Lexus dealership parts department.

There might be a product that allows displaying a phone navigation app in your RX screen via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.  The only one I know about is kind of expensive:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32812429786.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.21.4b0a5c19MDxS8o

Or you could put your smart phone in a phone holder on the dashboard and use a navigation app on it.  If you can't hear the navigation instructions from your phone, you could pair it with a portable Bluetooth speaker.

• 1 year later...

My gps in a 2007lexus gx 470 is hung up on the starting point and will not reset itself after changing locations. I have updated the maps and disconnected the negative side of the cars battery and the maps reloaded as it should but the starting location is hung up in Whyfield ,Virginia. how do get the computer to recognize the change the stating point?