Rough Idle - Fixed

Long story short. Three month ago my vehicle would drop RPM and its idle became so rough that I felt like i'm in a salt shaker. This problem would only occur after the car warms up. Days past by and car begins to shake even when its cold.

Codes showed Cyl 1,3,5,7 misfire. These were not coil as I have tried switching them places from another side of my engine. Vehicle would gulp gasoline like there was no tomorrow. Spent close to 500 on diagnostics that led me nowhere. Finally I find a post on this forum and decide to give it a shot

The poster said he replaced his Oil Control Valce OCV Solenoid.

I got my replacemen from eBay: TOYOTA 2UZFE 3UZFE CAMSHAFT TIMING OIL CONTROL VALVE

Manufacturer Part Number: 15330-50011

Other Part Number: 15330-0F010

Replaced the unit and BAM, car back to normal again.

Check engine light and VSC did not go away so not sure if it just has to be erased or engine still misfires because maybe the plugs got dirty by not sparking properly

• 2 weeks later...

youre suppose to have the cel's reset.

how often do you change your oil? brand of oil? are you the original owner? if the car was properly maintained it should not have clogged 100% it takes alot to clog those filters up since its only a mesh screen. i had mine changed at my 100k service 5-6$ part and it was clear/clean.

• 6 months later...

Not quite sure what cel reset is?

how often do you change your oil? brand of oil? are you the original owner? if the car was properly maintained it should not have clogged 100% it takes alot to clog those filters up since its only a mesh screen. i had mine changed at my 100k service 5-6$ part and it was clear/clean.

• 2 months later...

Not quite sure what cel reset is?

Just go to one of the major autoparts stors and have them reset the check engine light (CEL) with their diagnostic unit..