2000 Gs300 Transmission Problem

Hi guys,

I'm using the 2000 Lexus GS300 (auto trans.). It's currently 150K miles.

I've got a problem with the transmission. I really do know which part to replace as I am currently in Cambodia and the technician has also no clue of fixiing it.

The problem is like this.

When I'm driving slow (in the traffic jame which you can go only 10 - 15 mph), it's not a smooth shift from 1st to 2nd gear.

You can notice that the car is not smooth to change from 1st to 2nd gear.

However, if there is no traffice jam and you can go fast, there's no problem at all from 1st to 2nd gear. it's smooth.

In addition, sometime when I slow down to the traffic from 2nd gear to 1st, i do feel that s.th help stop the car, even if I brake just a bit. but this problem just happen once in a while.

I just heard people say it's the Transmission Solenoid problem. However, I'm not sure.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Lexey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm using the 2000 Lexus GS300 (auto trans.). It's currently 150K miles.

I've got a problem with the transmission. I really do know which part to replace as I am currently in Cambodia and the technician has also no clue of fixiing it.

The problem is like this.

When I'm driving slow (in the traffic jame which you can go only 10 - 15 mph), it's not a smooth shift from 1st to 2nd gear.

You can notice that the car is not smooth to change from 1st to 2nd gear.

However, if there is no traffice jam and you can go fast, there's no problem at all from 1st to 2nd gear. it's smooth.

In addition, sometime when I slow down to the traffic from 2nd gear to 1st, i do feel that s.th help stop the car, even if I brake just a bit. but this problem just happen once in a while.

I just heard people say it's the Transmission Solenoid problem. However, I'm not sure.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Lexey

when was the last time the transmission oil was checked/changed? you can give that a try first since its the cheapest. a dealer would easily hit you with a 60$+ bill just to scan your vehicle.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have the same car(2000 Gs300 Platinum Edition) with the same issues. I can definitely feel the hard shift in the first gears when taking off slowly. I've flush the transmission and that didn't help. I have talked to several mechanics and they can't figure it out either. Any help would be great.