Rx 350 2007 Brake Diy Question

I have done many front and rear brake rotor jobs, Lexus quoted me $350 per axle for just pads.

I think I will just do it myself, anyone do this job and is it straight forward or full of "gotchas"??

Thanks in advance

Nothing difficult...very simple. lexus pads can be had for $40 to $50 per set. Suggest lubing the guide pins, and everything else is just like any other disk pad replacement. The only unknown for me (because I am used to the RX300) is whether the piston are the type that push in, or have to be screwed in.....maybe somebody else could answer that.

• 4 weeks later...

Front pads and discs(rotors) are basic and easy for the average DIY.Rear pads are also easy to change.Rear discs(rotors) are more difficult as you have to back off the footbrake(emergency brake) first and is a bit fiddly. Both front and rear brake pistons push in.

Nothing difficult...very simple. lexus pads can be had for $40 to $50 per set. Suggest lubing the guide pins, and everything else is just like any other disk pad replacement. The only unknown for me (because I am used to the RX300) is whether the piston are the type that push in, or have to be screwed in.....maybe somebody else could answer that.

Typically, if the parking brake mechanism uses the calipers to hold the rotor, then the piston will be the screw in type. If the parking brake is the drum inside the hat of the rotor type, then they will be push in. I don't know about the current generation RX, but my 2006 RX400h is the drum in the hat type - yours likely will be as well.