Cabin Filter For 94 Ls400

lexusonthelake

i think it was added in 93, open the glove compartment and check if there is a black plastic cover that you can remove, after this cover you will see white cover that is sealed to the filter container. remove second cover as wel and pull the filter.

once again only if you have it:)

but i'm pretty sure you do

again: here is the previous thread [all you have to do is type the subject 'cabin filter' in search]

Air Conditioning Filter (Pages 1 2 )

Location of Filter Lexus LS400 / Lexus LS430 Forums mickg 21 563 Jan 28 2004, 03:42 PM

Last Post by: blake918

Remove the panel UNDER the glove box door--then unscrew the 'thumb' nuts on the filter door. this is a folding two section filter--be careful, do not pull apart.

tansupplyman:

Have you seen the air filter before? Personally I don't think the cabin filter exists on the First Gen cars. I've only noticed the one under the wiper blades, but I haven't looked for it yet.

of course!!!!???? Had it out.

Also; this post was made Dec 12(in the thread I mentioned above???):

On the 93 and I think on the 94, the a/c filter is removed from the bottom of the evaporator/blower assy. You have to pry off the bottom dash cover and then on the bottom of the blower assy you will find 2 wing nuts. Remove the wing nuts and cover and the then the filters (2 each actually) can be removed from the bottom of the blower. You have to fold the filter at the crease because it is too long to drop straight out the bottom without folding. They are not exactly cheap, I think I had to pay about $45 for the two from Lexus.

Curt