Any Part That You Want For Your Lexus

Sorry, in the heading I wrote the wrong adderss and could not edit it...it is www.lexuspartsnow.com {note: I corrected it - RX400h)

Hello everyone...I know almost all of us needs a part or two for our fab cars now and then. I have an 06 RX 400h and I have added,taken off stuff for the entire 5 years that I have had my "Princess". I recently found a great site where you can get any part...ANY part for our Lexus and much cheaper than anywhere else that I have seen. Literally you can get ANY part, any nut, bolt , hard to find part.

www.lexuspartsnow.com. The site is easy to navigate. I have been looking for the roof slot covers that cover the spaces left when I took off my roof rack. Also I wanted to get the grille "L" logo. I ordered them and got them within a week. The "L" was $28.($24 for the Rx330/350) Not bad. Lexus quoted me $67 and I could not find it on eBay. As you might know I have the Harrier Hawk emblem on my grille right now and I wanted to get the "L" back so I could switch off from time to time. I had sold my original front grille "L" along with my old grille when I replaced it with the "Thundercloud" grille...anyway...www.lexuspartsnow.com. Rey

I again compared prices between Lexuspartsnow and Sewell Lexus ( http://lexus.sewellparts.com ) on a number of items and am still finding Sewell to be substantially less expensive on everything. For example, a starter for my car (part number 28100-50062) is $246.13 at Lexuspartsnow but only $219.00 from Sewell as long as you register your forum member name. There was a similar percentage difference on all the other parts I priced. Sewell was in all cases substantially cheaper. I've sometimes gotten even better prices from Sewell by just giving them a call and reminding them how many times I've bought parts from them.

I have been particularly perturbed that some of the other online Lexus part sellers nail people with artificially high handling and shipping fees. Sewell charges actual shipping costs instead of ripping people off.

I may sound like a "shill" for Sewell, but I've bought a lot of stuff from them by telephone and on-line and have visited there facility by the old Dallas airport. When I call Sewell, I'm talking to a real "car guy" instead of just a phone operator regurgitating what they are reading.

I wasn't aware of SEWELL, sorry...but I have to admit, I just went on their site and I could not figure out how I can peruse and look for parts....do you have to know the part number? I like to just browse and I don't like talking to anyone on the phone when I am just window shopping. I had fun on lexuspartsnow just to see what things cost....not to necessarily buy stuff...the "L" logo at $28 was fine and with the two other parts...$8 shipping and handling? Well I just paid over $4.00 per gallon here in CA...so everything's getting expensive and the price of the items seemed fine to me...SEWELL? I couldn't figure out their site..it looks like they are a dealership? Anyway, sorry that I posted something that everyone already knew and had a better place for. But I think I'll try lexuspartsnow.com again...it was really easy for me...I like easy. Rey in sunny L.A.

Well, I tried again by clicking on the sewell address above...it was a mess....they had the logo, I finally figured out how to bring it up...but it says $206....is that for the whole grille? It looks like it is just for the "L" logo since they have only a picture of the "L"...without the grille...That doesn't seem right...but regardless their site is really badly laid out. I just wanted the "L"...they had a package of all the logos but it was well over $300...I guess this works for some people but the site that I used was really easy and you could see a schematic of every area and every single part of the car. It reminded me of when I used to build model cars as a kid, the instructions always had a blow up of all of the parts in each area and clearly described. For me, I am glad that I found lexuspartsnow.com and I think maybe a few other people will see that it is easier to navigate and understand. So now we have more choices! I loved that I ordered my parts Monday and got them Friday in the same week.

Sewell used to be just like that. You could see exploded parts diagrams etc. I, similar to Rey's experience, cannot figure out how to get to that again. All I can find are accessories, not replacement parts. Does someone have the actual link to the Sewell parts catologue, like it used to be?

Sewell used to be just like that. You could see exploded parts diagrams etc. I, similar to Rey's experience, cannot figure out how to get to that again. All I can find are accessories, not replacement parts. Does someone have the actual link to the Sewell parts catologue, like it used to be?

I know I'm a lot more website savvy than most, being "in the biz", but can't imagine what you guys are doing on Sewell's website to not find the diagrams and see the prices. Select your model and year and then click on the OEM parts category you need instead of Accessories. This will lead you to further categories down the left side of the page which you can explode, pick, and then see diagrams and parts prices. Register with your forum member name for the best prices.

Yes, Sewell is a Lexus dealership with at least two locations in Texas. They are a sponsor on Clublexus and I think you can get the same discounts if you register with your member name of this forum although I registered with my Clublexus member name.

I can usually find the parts I need on Sewell's website without the part numbers but if part numbers are needed you can get them from http://www.toyodiy.com/ where you have to register to see diagrams. You can view the part numbers on toyodiy.com without registering.

If you don't see the parts you need on Sewell's website, call their toll free number and talk to one of the guys in their parts department.

It's fine with me if you would rather buy from Lexuspartsnow.com but based on the extensive price comparisons I've done, it looks like you will pay substantially more.

I do understand...Sewell might me better but...well, let me just ask you...can you find the front grille emblem for a 2006 rx400h? I cannot on Sewell...it is frustrating and all I want to to find out how much it is and if it is cheaper than the $28 plus $8 shipping. I also could not find the roof plugs and on the other site it was all easy even though I didn't know what to call the roof gizmos...they had an exploded view of the roof area with all of the parts and numbers....I don't buy enough parts to lose too much money....but I hate wasting time when a site can't get you to where you want to go or to find a specific item...it was too frustrating. If I really wanted to save money I would have bought a used Hyundai to begin with. Thanks for the input though...this is why I like this forum. Rey in sunny L.A.

First thing you have to understand is all these sites are dealers, I am sure Lexuspartsnow is also affiliated with a dealer. Lexus doesn't allow anyone to resell their parts other than a dealer.

I too looked around Lexuspartsnow and was unimpressed. The biggest issue to me was that they don't seem to offer most models on the drill down after 2009.

The setup you are looking for is called a "drill down". Sewell also has one, its very simple to find.

To find parts for my 2010 ES350 you click "Sedans" from the main page

ES350->2010

You have links on the left of the page, the top links are for accessories...the stuff the dealer sells in the glass cases, The bottom links are for parts. Click what type of part you want...

If you want an emblem you can also just write "emblem" in the search at the op of the page and tailor it to your model. Couldn't be simpler.

Right now there seems to be something wrong with the site, its not loading completely...

Another site I use is www.mylexparts.com they also have a more updated drill down than Lexuspartsnow...I like this drill down better than Sewell's as well. They have your emblem for $28.71, Lexuspartsnow is $28.42 so its comparable. Shippings a little cheaper on Lexuspartsnow. Bunch of these sites on the web, but Sewell is cheaper when you mention you are a forum member.

Thanks, great additional info. Obviously you guys were better informed about these things...I felt like I discovered a new planet or something. The other good thing for me, and I know this is because of where I live, is that lexuspartsnow is in SoCal...so if I really wanted to, I could drive there...but today the price of premium was well over $4...so, I'll let them ship to me. Thanks again, Rey in sunny L.A.

I know I'm a lot more website savvy than most, being "in the biz", but can't imagine what you guys are doing on Sewell's website to not find the diagrams and see the prices. Select your model and year and then click on the OEM parts category you need instead of Accessories. This will lead you to further categories down the left side of the page which you can explode, pick, and then see diagrams and parts prices. Register with your forum member name for the best prices.

Yes, Sewell is a Lexus dealership with at least two locations in Texas. They are a sponsor on Clublexus and I think you can get the same discounts if you register with your member name of this forum although I registered with my Clublexus member name.

I can usually find the parts I need on Sewell's website without the part numbers but if part numbers are needed you can get them from http://www.toyodiy.com/ where you have to register to see diagrams. You can view the part numbers on toyodiy.com without registering.

If you don't see the parts you need on Sewell's website, call their toll free number and talk to one of the guys in their parts department.

It's fine with me if you would rather buy from Lexuspartsnow.com but based on the extensive price comparisons I've done, it looks like you will pay substantially more.

2006 RX400h. Maybe I'm missing something, but all I see is "2006 RX400H" in bold with Exterior, Interior, Keys, Service and View All links. Under that I see in bold "2006 RX400h OEM Parts", but there's nothing listed under it, and it's not a link I can click on either.

Also check out parts.com for OEM Lexus (or any make) parts at good prices. The grille emblem on parts.com is $24.81. The rear roof rack L/R plastic covers are $38.59 each, if that's what you're talking about.

Emblem

Rear roof rack covers

Wow, this was great...but I still like seeing the exploded view so that I can SEE that it is the exact part that I need. In the case of the roof covers these are more than twice the price but it's hard to say since they aren't clear as to what part they are selling...see what I mean? I want pictures and or diagrams....it's more fun for me to shop knowing that I have the right part. Great info, thanks...I think now everyone will have places to search! Warmly yours, Rey

There are pictures on parts.com - click on the image link above the item (in the gray bar), and it shows the exploded view, so you know exactly what you are getting.

There are pictures on parts.com - click on the image link above the item (in the gray bar), and it shows the exploded view, so you know exactly what you are getting.

Got it! Great,now I see how to get the exploded view that makes me happy! Maybe because I am an artist...I like to see pictures! Yes, this is the best price for the "L" logo that I have seen...but I already got the one from lexuspartsnow.com...but now I know that there are many choices. Thanks everyone for the education. Rey

In my experience, if you take an online price to your local dealer they will match it, not happily but they don't like to lose business. And they will likely give you the, "don't spread it around" line.

Tom

I was just in Japan and noticed that many of the Toyota Harrier (or RX400h in North America) had front, side, and rear body kits.

Does anyone know if Lexus (or Toyota) make any OEM body kits or do I have to get aftermarket kits?

I have a beautiful front end on my 400h...bumper lip, thundercloud chrome grille and the Harrier emblem from Japan. Rey in L.A....you can find anything on line! They have some nice body kits for our car...I know, it's not for everyone, but I have always liked modifying my cars. I teach at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena where many...MANY of the cars in the world are designed by our graduates. Rey in L.A.

post-26996-0-94645500-1299681597_thumb.j

I was just in Japan and noticed that many of the Toyota Harrier (or RX400h in North America) had front, side, and rear body kits.

Does anyone know if Lexus (or Toyota) make any OEM body kits or do I have to get aftermarket kits?

You mean like this?

post-26996-0-81626000-1299681648_thumb.j

Something like this, a front, side, rear body kit that still looks good with the factory rims and without lowering the vehicle:

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/toyota/harrier/6376747/

Yes, mine is like that, maybe a little nicer...when I got mine there were the side and rear options as well...I just did the front since I already had the step bars. I don't remember the site or manufacturer since all that I did was GOOGLE "body kits, Lexus RX 400h". The thing to remember is that our 400h is different than the non hybrid so make sure that you get the right front end add on. I still get a million comments after four years of having the front lip and now with the chrome HARRIER grille and emblem...it looks like a very unique and (in my opinion) very cool car indeed. Here are two pics..one is before I got the Thundercloud grille/emblem but with a better overall view of my car with the front bumper lip.

post-26996-0-52179000-1299713310_thumb.j

post-26996-0-57311400-1299713518_thumb.j

Also check out parts.com for OEM Lexus (or any make) parts at good prices. The grille emblem on parts.com is $24.81. The rear roof rack L/R plastic covers are $38.59 each, if that's what you're talking about.

Emblem

Rear roof rack covers

I got the parts for about $8. each and I got them in less than a week. I have now received three deliveries from lexuspartsnow.com and have been very pleased...and it is still easier to navigate through their website easier than the others...but now I can compare prices, thanks, Rey