05 Gx470 Vacuum Switching Valve

volman3

I have a 05 gx470 83k miles. It was throwing a code for a vacuum switching valve bank one valve one(code p1442 I believe). I reset the codes to see if it would repeat and of course it did. I took it to the dealership and they said the VSV needed to be replaced by pulling manifold and replacing valve. I let them do this service and no sooner than I drove home the check engine light came back on. Checked the codes and yes they are the exact same ones I thought I was having repaired. Any of you guys have any experience in this sort of problem or possible solution. Called the dealership and they want me to bring it back in again. Wanted to have a heads up before I returned the vehicle. Thank you.

Open your Engine Cover and try & replace the Ventiltion Valve and the hose together as sometimes carbon deposits does not allow the hot air to escape and manifold becomes clogged. The cost is less that 50 buck both. and you can do it by yourself, Time required - 20 mts.