Sound System Audio Issue

bigmarcus

Hi everyone...I'm new here and I am experiencing a maddening problem with my 2000 RX300. As long as the key is in the accessory position, my stereo sounds great...radio, CD player, cassette...everything clear and crisp, that is until I start the car. The audio goes out immediately as soon as the car is started. I can see that the CD is still playing, but no sound. Turn off the engine, and the stereo works again. To complicate things, as I am driving down the road with no sound, I can get it to play by opening or closing the window! Yep, as long as my finger is pressing the window button, I get sound. Can someone please enlighten me? I'm baffled.

Hi everyone...I'm new here and I am experiencing a maddening problem with my 2000 RX300. As long as the key is in the accessory position, my stereo sounds great...radio, CD player, cassette...everything clear and crisp, that is until I start the car. The audio goes out immediately as soon as the car is started. I can see that the CD is still playing, but no sound. Turn off the engine, and the stereo works again. To complicate things, as I am driving down the road with no sound, I can get it to play by opening or closing the window! Yep, as long as my finger is pressing the window button, I get sound. Can someone please enlighten me? I'm baffled.

Yes, LEXIR is right. You either have a heck of a short or a ground issue. If your not handy, a good car audio shop can fix your problem.