Sc430 Tires Need Replacement

FASTOY

I bought Michelin Pilot run flats. A set of 4 was about $120 total more than the non run flat equivalent. Other option is to try the mini spare kit or AAA roadside service. I chose the run flat option & am quite happy with the performance. Quiet & nice ride. Also, the TIre Pressure Monitor was really put in this car because of the run flat tires. I have one in my Tacoma & it serves no useful purpose except false alarms in very cold weather.

• 2 weeks later...

I just changed my Dunlap runflats out for Pirelli P Zero Nero All Seasons NRF. I found this tire to suit me best for my driving here in LA. So far the ride has been quiet, smooth, very responsive and overall has changed my attitude about my car. I hated the runflats! Go to a good tire dealer for help and do look at serveral tire dealer websites for end user ratings. I checked Tire Rack and America's Tire. Both have very good information to help you find the right tire. As far as the spare I decided to use Auto Club until futher notice. By the way, Costco insist that you have a spare.

• 3 months later...

Anaheim Wheel and Tire introduced me to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus ZP item # 39254, a new tire. They are the best run flats I have had. They are quiet riding and no jarring when hitting uneven pavement. Prior I’ve had Goodyear and Bridgestone with the jarring that is inherent in run flats. And they got only 20-25 K miles life. The Michelin are new and carry at 45K pro-rated warranty. They are the same Pilot Sport I put on my wife’s Mercedes CLK a year ago with excellent ride and handling. The CLK are regular pressure tires. I notice the sidewalls are about the same height…so these RF have a higher profile than the others that had low profile and hard ride. This solves the decision, to have run flat and a jarring ride or regular pressure tires with a quite ride, you get both RF and quiet ride in this tire.

I paid $1298 for 4 installed, balanced and with tax. I saw the tires on http://tirecrawler.com with a lower price and negotiated with the local dealer and saved $100. He had to go to the Michelin rep to get relief on his pricing.

• 2 months later...

I have a slow leak in my right rear tire (4 pounds every 15-16 days). These tires are non-runflat (the ride with the runflats was so bad, I ditched them). The tire shop blames the wheel, saying the rim may be damaged allowing air to leak out. However, my mechanic says the tires I have on the car right now are 245/45R18 instead of 245/40R18. Two questions:

Could the oversized tires be causing the slow leak by not fitting the rim correctly, and

What brand would any of you recommend in a 245/40R18?

Hi, I'm a new member of the club and looking for information myself. I did replace my worn out run-flats with the Michelin Pilot: P245/40R18 PLT SPT AS 93Y 45. I am very satisfied with the ride and responsiveness. I did not like the original run-flats at all.

But now I'm looking for a spare that will fit in the trunk. Any feedback would be tremendously appreciated.

Kathleen