What Brand Battery Did You Replaced It With?

dchan865

Hi folks,

Its that time to consider replacing the battery(had it for over 6 years). I did some reading and realized that many have a brand preference. But I am thinking about getting one from Costo(not sure if they have 27F). Does anyone have any luck with this brand?

I am considering Interstate 27f as I hear that the OEM replacement use this brand and type.

Thanks for your thoughts.

:)

I had the OEM for 6 years, and recently replaced with Optima Red Top 35(8020-164)So far so good, Lot of good reviews on Optima, So I went in. Also nothing bad on the Toyota OEM ones.

I had the OEM for 6 years, and recently replaced with Optima Red Top 35(8020-164)So far so good, Lot of good reviews on Optima, So I went in. Also nothing bad on the Toyota OEM ones.

Now speaking of the ones(group 27F) directly from a Toyota dealer, which I am considering now because of the price(around $90-$100, and Lexus sells for $120). Do you know if the physical specs/dimension is the same as the original one? From an electical perspective, it'll do the job. I am just concern that the size is either too big or small that may cause install issues(its just my luck when it comes to this sort of thing). I guess I am just looking for a nice fit without any hassle.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Toyota TrueStart brand(identical to the Group 27F from Interstate and its about $30 less than Lexus dealer) and installed it. Its working just fine. The new battery was a bit taller so I had to adjust the "bar" that goes on top of the battery to keep it secure.