Nav Override Campaign

pj8708

Paul...

I checked it out too. Just been so busy at work I haven't had time to post much! I think it would be great if enough owners could get Lexus to change their mind but I don't think it will happen. IMHO

Paul...

I checked it out too. Just been so busy at work I haven't had time to post much! I think it would be great if enough owners could get Lexus to change their mind but I don't think it will happen. IMHO

I guess what surprised me, was the lack of a at least a "Dear John" letter from Lexus to this mans repeated letters.

I agree that Lexus is being pigheaded with the Nav thing. I could see if it was the law, or if all other manufacturers did it. But since they are pretty much on their own on this one, I wish they would relent. It doesn't really bother me too much, but I have cussed Lexus on occasion when I have to pull over so my wife can enter a new address. I agree with his assessment that the voice control sucks. It gets most things wrong, and takes WAY too long to accomplish anything. I don't understand why auto companies don't just contract out their GPS to Garmin or Magellan. Those guys really know how to do it, and we as customers would be way happier.

I consider myself a loyal Lexus owner and for good reason. I like and enjoy the product, and the support I have received from the dealer has been exceptional. But on this matter they are just wrong. I have given up on the voice recognition system and do not even try to use it any more. Since I bought the car in August of last year, I don't even need one hand to count the number of times this system has worked.

As for the Navigation issue, for me this is more of a nuisance thing than a major "I can't stand it" issue. Yet, on a long trip it can become more than a nuisance and a downright dangerous safety problem when trying to pull off the road in heavy multi-lane traffic. And now with as many people complaining about it as there are, and with the huge customer dissatisfaction issue this has become, why is Lexus/Toyota continuing to act like children with their hands over their ears? If nothing else, at least give your customers the common courtesy of a response to our complaints.

I'm not one for crusades and I don't know if the man from Club Lexus is all wet or not, but I am especially sensitive to good customer service and this is not an example of one.

Paul

I consider myself a loyal Lexus owner and for good reason. I like and enjoy the product, and the support I have received from the dealer has been exceptional. But on this matter they are just wrong. I have given up on the voice recognition system and do not even try to use it any more. Since I bought the car in August of last year, I don't even need one hand to count the number of times this system has worked.

:) :lol: Paul...you have to use the voice recognition every once in awhile to get a good laugh! I love it :) :lol: ME: Call Office... Lexy baby (that is my name for my GX, my rx was too :blushing: ) so anyway LEXI BABY SAYS..."SAT RADIO" I just get a laugh out of it... :)

:) :lol: Paul...you have to use the voice recognition every once in awhile to get a good laugh! I love it :) :lol: ME: Call Office... Lexy baby (that is my name for my GX, my rx was too :blushing: ) so anyway LEXI BABY SAYS..."SAT RADIO" I just get a laugh out of it... :)

You are truly twisted my friend.LOL!!!!

My neighbor just came back from a 4,000 mile trip south and east. He has a 2010 Avalon, and I assume it is the same Nav unit as the ES350. He said the Nav worked very well, but the voice feature was almost useless with the exception, that he was able to input new destinations while driving using voice commands. However, it took a lot of patience!!

Used my Nav last night, impressed with some particular features such as multiple lane position. Better as compared to the Garmin.