Dealer Reset Isc

Just recently purchased 06 400h. Going over the Lexus vehicle service history, I noticed a new battery was installed in December, but no mention of an ISC reset being done. Also, Chicago just came out of a cold snap, so no doubt the dealer had to recharge the batteries. I went back to the dealer today and showed the service writer the TBS bulletin. He had the tech do the ISC reset for no charge.

My mpg prior to the reset was hoovering around 20mpg. After the reset it is 24mpg and climbing with every miles I put on the truck. I am probably averaging over 27mpg. Now I am able to drive in pure battery mode or a combo engine/battery. Before, I felt I was always in engine mode. Thanks to this Forum, I was able to present the service writer with the proper documentation and the job was done without incident.

Kind of cool to be cruising down the street in pure battery mode:)

Congrats! The funny thing with our RX is that I replaced the battery a few months ago and the fuel mileage is essentially unchanged. I guess the ISC reset doesn't affect all RXs the same way.

The former owner replaced the battery in 12/30/10, one month before trading the RX in. The battery probably just died out. The service records did not indicate a reset. Lexus went throught the certification inspection at trade in. The former owner stuck to the Lexus maintenance schedule from day one; never mentioning in the service records with milage issues. As a side effect from this, also replaced maintenace parts with Lexus recommended parts ie battery, Goodyear tires, brake linings etc.

After I picked up the RX after the reset, I immediately noticed being in battery mode at low speeds and a combo there after, something I was not able to duplicate previously. The updated maintenace log on My Lexus indicates "ISC reset per customer request".

Where did you get the tbs bulletin. I searched and couldn't find one. Which one was it?

Thanks,

Lenny

Just recently purchased 06 400h. Going over the Lexus vehicle service history, I noticed a new battery was installed in December, but no mention of an ISC reset being done. Also, Chicago just came out of a cold snap, so no doubt the dealer had to recharge the batteries. I went back to the dealer today and showed the service writer the TBS bulletin. He had the tech do the ISC reset for no charge.

My mpg prior to the reset was hoovering around 20mpg. After the reset it is 24mpg and climbing with every miles I put on the truck. I am probably averaging over 27mpg. Now I am able to drive in pure battery mode or a combo engine/battery. Before, I felt I was always in engine mode. Thanks to this Forum, I was able to present the service writer with the proper documentation and the job was done without incident.

Kind of cool to be cruising down the street in pure battery mode:)

The car will still run fine whether the ISC reset is done or not. You'll just suffer worse gas mileage and may hear a rattling from the transaxle. Apparently (per the TSB) if it's disconnected or run below 7.2 volts the ISC reset should be done. If you hear a rattling from the tranny at idle (also per the TSB) (usually on the first cold start of the day) or notice the gas engine runs too often or kicks in at the slightest touch of the gas pedal when driving, then you probably need it.

The car will still run fine whether the ISC reset is done or not. You'll just suffer worse gas mileage and may hear a rattling from the transaxle. Apparently (per the TSB) if it's disconnected or run below 7.2 volts the ISC reset should be done. If you hear a rattling from the tranny at idle (also per the TSB) (usually on the first cold start of the day) or notice the gas engine runs too often or kicks in at the slightest touch of the gas pedal when driving, then you probably need it.

I guess since it doesn't sound like it hurts aything, I'll do it this wknd. Not 100% sure about the gas mileage, but the noise seems to be there; a rattle like.

• 2 months later...

Will this procedure improve 2008 RX 400h performance? Is there a potential to hurt anything in the vehicle?

Just got used 400h last Monday with 30k miles on it and have noticed that it has Toyota battery under the hood.

Is it a good idea to replace this battery with a different one?

Sorry for too many questions, I've been reading this forum for the past week, but this is my first post.

Our battery lasted about 5 and a half years, so if I were you, I'd change it at the 5 year mark. The good news is that a the message indicating the shifter was not in Park serves as a warning that the battery is getting weak.