08 Rx 400H Engine Vibration

If it's just a momentary "shake," what you've experienced is "Hybrid Shudder," for want of a better term. The engine shutting down/starting up happens all the time when you're underway, but the "shudder" is just not as noticeable when the car is moving.

BTW, if you want to minimize engine startup while sitting, switch off the HVAC. The only reason the engine will fire up then is to keep the catalytic converter hot. Of course, if it's REALLY cold out, then you need the HVAC on to provide heat; the engine fires up to keep the coolant warm enough to provide cabin heat.

I notice this shaking too. Every day i get to my school about 45 minutes early and park somewhere hidden, and wait to pounce on good parking spots as people leave- so i have a lot of hours sitting in PARK with the ignition ON. Whenever the engine turns back ON (not so much turning OFF) i can feel the "shudder" for a second or two. Sometimes it's more noticeable than others, but it seems pretty normal.

I've yet to figure out why the shaking feels different each time though. I'm thinking it has something to do with how warm the engine is?