2001 Rx300 Silversport

denslexusgx470

These mint conditions vehicles are hard to find. I was fortunate enough to find it even though it was located 200 miles away from my place. I'll post more possibly after I changed the crappy tires. Traction sucks and everyone is saying that its starting to crack due to lack of use :-/

BTW does anyone know where I can buy a Chrome exhaust tip for this? I've checked with my Lexus dealer and they don't have one.

Thanks Steve but I don't think any chrome tip will work because the tail pipe is originally bent. Probably have to go to a muffler shop so they can fit me one that would look nice. I'll post some pics of the interior soon. Didn't realize that I only posted pics of the exterior only.

Tires really make a big difference. Got rid of those Toyos that it had and turns out the previous tire shops tightened the lug nuts way too hard. Today they took about 30 seconds (not even exaggerating) to unscrew each lug nut off my wheels sheesh

post-9735-0-73789100-1299203026_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-30316200-1299203034_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-73713600-1299203043_thumb.jp

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Mine in black...

It looks beautiful!! The Rx300 design was so way ahead of its time. You'd never guess it was designed 14 years ago (1998). Every time i see one on the road i forget what year it is, i just fall in love with it all over again! I loved mine. :)

Been a year since I've posted regarding my RX.

mrhoads your silversport still looks great too! Sets us apart from other RX300s on the road with the one tone paint and the honeycomb grill. Not a big fan of the aluminum interior trim instead of wood grain but I can adjust.

Only thing that I didn't like about the Silversport is the black pearl emblems. Such a pain to avoid scratching. My front one is starting to peel and I've inquired with my dealer about how much a new replacement is. $120 for a black emblem versus $40 for a regular chrome emblem. :chairshot:

mrhoads your silversport still looks great too! Sets us apart from other RX300s on the road with the one tone paint and the honeycomb grill. Not a big fan of the aluminum interior trim instead of wood grain but I can adjust.

Only thing that I didn't like about the Silversport is the black pearl emblems. Such a paint to avoid scratching. My front one is starting to peel and I've inquired with my dealer about how much a new replacement is. $120 for a black emblem versus $40 for a regular chrome emblem. :chairshot:

Denslex, try to get the part number for the front emblem for the silversport and look it up on parts.com. They'll have the same OEM part for a lot cheaper!

Only thing that I didn't like about the Silversport is the black pearl emblems. Such a pain to avoid scratching. My front one is starting to peel and I've inquired with my dealer about how much a new replacement is. $120 for a black emblem versus $40 for a regular chrome emblem. :chairshot:

Thanks, Denny. This may be the year I finally trade it in - I'm liking the rumored 2013 RX450h F-Sport.

I have't had any issues with my emblems (knock on wood). I had to replace a leaking sunroof at around 110,000 miles and a air mix servo (which is acting up again after only 1-1/2 years :( ). But that's it as far as things breaking.

It's a solid car that's served me well for 10-1/2 years. And it does look great too!

Only thing that I didn't like about the Silversport is the black pearl emblems. Such a paint to avoid scratching. My front one is starting to peel and I've inquired with my dealer about how much a new replacement is. $120 for a black emblem versus $40 for a regular chrome emblem. :chairshot:

Denslex, try to get the part number for the front emblem for the silversport and look it up on parts.com. They'll have the same OEM part for a lot cheaper!

I don't believe there is a part number for it. I was told (which could be the wrong info) by the parts person was that they order a regular chrome emblem and that chrome emblem is sent out to a shop (All this must be Lexus certified I'm presuming) who does the black pearl for these emblems (hence black pearl looks different from those who paint or powder coat their emblems.) I may just save up $120 for that one emblem to keep the same original look without the small peeling of the front emblem.

Thanks, Denny. This may be the year I finally trade it in - I'm liking the rumored 2013 RX450h F-Sport.

I have't had any issues with my emblems (knock on wood). I had to replace a leaking sunroof at around 110,000 miles and a air mix servo (which is acting up again after only 1-1/2 years :( ). But that's it as far as things breaking.

It's a solid car that's served me well for 10-1/2 years. And it does look great too!

Knock on wood I haven't had any leaky sunroof! lol. I wish I had the budget for a 13 RX450 F-sport but I probably would have to sell at least 2 or 3 cars to buy or lease an RX f-sport. Currently I don't have any plans to sell my Silversport. But who knows what the future may hold ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post updated pictures like I did with the GX and 4Runner (which is now officially gone)

Picture with my 4Runner in it was the last moments before I handed the keys over ='(

post-9735-0-07207000-1331264816_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-31779600-1331264858_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-18602200-1331264910_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-65803100-1331264981_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-20822800-1331265048_thumb.jp

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Updated. Not much to add to this since the vehicle can't really be modified that much without ruining the original look. Decided to tint my whole windshield and has been my handy companion in my cycling adventures :cheers:

post-9735-0-13258900-1386193644_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-51405900-1386193648_thumb.jp

post-9735-0-70038200-1386193696_thumb.jp