Trunk Latch

Blanche

I tried to find this topic by searching Forums, but nothing came up that I could find.

2001 Lex 430's inside pull latch no longer works. It's had some translucent tape folded up a few times, stuck under the pull latch, since I bought it. I thought it's possible it indicates the previous owner figured out how to solve a short or something. I don't have a clue.

Never really noticed the tape until the trunk stopped opening. The remote key still opens the trunk, but it would be nice to keep everything working.

I tried to find this topic by searching Forums, but nothing came up that I could find.

2001 Lex 430's inside pull latch no longer works. It's had some translucent tape folded up a few times, stuck under the pull latch, since I bought it. I thought it's possible it indicates the previous owner figured out how to solve a short or something. I don't have a clue.

Never really noticed the tape until the trunk stopped opening. The remote key still opens the trunk, but it would be nice to keep everything working.

I hope that I am not stating the obvious, but are you sure that the switch (to prevent opening the trunk) is not pressed? You can unlock this switch with the key.

Jac