P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor (Cel)

jtbel

I am getting code P0340 even after replacing the sensor. The code says sensor "A", bank "1". I replaced the sensor on the driver's side, was that the correct one? If it was the correct one, how would I go about checking the wiring from the computer? I was driving the car for a short period yesterday with the check engine light on, it was driving fine except for a little rough idling. Then, this morning the car would start for like a second, and then shut off. Just seems weird that it was at least running yesterday, then won't stay running today. Thanks for your responses.

I am able to keep the car running when I start it now by pressing the gas pedal. After a couple minutes it will stay running by itself. The car will drive just fine, but when put in park, the idle goes up and down, but not too badly. I cleaned the IACV, and it seems to have helped a bit, but is still not idling right. Other than the IACV, what else can I look at to fix the idle? I have recently replaced: plugs, wires, rotors, caps, and coils are within spec. Also, I am still getting code P0340 after changing the driver's side cam sensor.

I am able to keep the car running when I start it now by pressing the gas pedal. After a couple minutes it will stay running by itself. The car will drive just fine, but when put in park, the idle goes up and down, but not too badly. I cleaned the IACV, and it seems to have helped a bit, but is still not idling right. Other than the IACV, what else can I look at to fix the idle? I have recently replaced: plugs, wires, rotors, caps, and coils are within spec. Also, I am still getting code P0340 after changing the driver's side cam sensor.

poor idle is usually sticky IACV and/or dirty throttle body and throttle plate. Other than that a vacuum leak anywhere after the MAF will create havoc on idle.