Seattle From The Sky...

ArmyofOne

So, on friday, it was a RARE partly sunny winter day in Seattle. My mother was in town. Her company (Raytheon) had put her in an Executive Suite at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Seattle, literally a few blocks from the space needle. She came to the base and got us in her Buick Lucerne rental (Eww), and drove us to the hotel, where we spent presidents day weekend in the lap of luxury. It was quite fun. We paid our share, because we wanted to make sure when she filed her expense report, she didnt get our expenses and hers mixed up. Cost about $400 on our end, but not bad for 4 days of fun!

Here are the pix of Seattle from the sky! I have high-res images, PM me if interested, otherwise the resized ones from my 12.5mp point and shoot will have to do!

Space needle from 1 block away:

100_0880_Large_.JPG

100_0877_Large_.JPG

^up close with Valet Parking. We walked, it was only 6 blocks...if that.

100_0879_Large_.JPG

100_0878_Large_.JPG

Now, I (and my acrophobia...or fear of heights), couldn't bring myself to take pix in the elevator on the way up. it was completely made of glass and all I could do was hold on to the railing and hope I didn't die. I did not, and I emerged at the top just fine. Thankfully.

100_0874_Large_.JPG

^Alki Beach and West Seattle, Olympic Mountains in the background.

100_0875_Large_.JPG

100_0876_Large_.JPG

^facing North, the mountains of Beautiful, British Columbia, Canada.

100_0872_Large_.JPG

^Due East, Downtown Seattle, best city ever.

100_0873_Large_.JPG

^and facing due South, the Port of Seattle, Piers, Seattle aquarium, Boeing's Museum of Flight, the Alaskan Way Viaduct.

100_0870_Large_.JPG

^a random direction (cant remember).

We each purchased a City Pass, and for $59.95 a person got into up to 6 of the Major attractions (avg admission was $20 per person, so with three people, you could spend $60 in one location, just on admissions). So, for the $180 for 3 city passes, we saved at least $100 in admissions fees. We went to the Boeing Museum of Flight. They have the Boeing 707 that was Air Force One there, as well as Concorde, and one of the few surviving SR-71 Blackbird's on display. About the only thing the city has to offer tourism-wise that we did not do, was the Aquarium, and thats because it was PACKED. Pike Place Market was fun as well, if not a little bit scare. Seattle is a very...well..."progressive" town. ;)

You went to the MUSEUM OF FLIGHT!?!? Damn you!! :angry:

I am SO jealous! Lately i've become in love with aviation and one of the planes there (the Boeing 727) is my all time favorite. They have the #1 727 which took its first flight on Feb 9th 1863!! I've been planning to visit that museum for a while now... :geek:

I am SO jealous! Lately i've become in love with aviation and one of the planes there (the Boeing 727) is my all time favorite. They have the #1 727 which took its first flight on Feb 9th 1863!! I've been planning to visit that museum for a while now... :geek:

I know its a miss type but 1863 around President Lincoln time....Boy that was a long time...just giving you a hard time...you are still the detail zen master....

:whistles: :rolleyes:

I know its a miss type but 1863 around President Lincoln time....Boy that was a long time...just giving you a hard time...you are still the detail zen master....

:whistles: :rolleyes:

haha... yes, that was supposed to be 1963 :lol:

The Wright brothers definitely stole the idea from Boeing, not the other way around! :rolleyes: