Gx460 Remote Start Is Plan Stupid

cs378

Hello

Cons:

- 30 FT range

- Engine shuts off when entering the vehicle

Any one here know how to custom program the car to NOT to shut down when opening the door?

How about a little more information. Are we to assume this is a factory option remote start or an after market. What year is you GX?

Has the car shut off when you open the door ever sense you have had the car or just when you started using the remote start?

:)

I got the 2011 GX 460 with factory option remote start.

To Start: you have to press the lock button 3 times and at the third time you will have to hold it for like 3 seconds.

What's bad about it, in my opinion, is that:

- there is no indication whether or not the car has started on the key fob

- when you enter the vehicle, the engine will shut off, having you turn on again.

So it is not a feature I would pay for if I had known this before purchasing.

How about a little more information. Are we to assume this is a factory option remote start or an after market. What year is you GX?

Has the car shut off when you open the door ever sense you have had the car or just when you started using the remote start?

Hello

Cons:

- 30 FT range

- Engine shuts off when entering the vehicle

Any one here know how to custom program the car to NOT to shut down when opening the door?

Welcome to the Lexus way. The range is about right and yes, the car stops when you open the door. This is exactly as Lexus wants it, no changes in programming allowed. If you consider a third party remote start make sure the installer has done a Lexus and provides you the name of the person so you can call them to verify it works. Also make sure the installer will fully refund your money if it doesn't work and you ask to have it removed.

There are plenty of long distance remote starts available: the Viper Smart Start or the Drone Mobile are two. Also cars more advanced than Lexus, say for example the Chevy Equinox come from the factory with OnStar remote start. Start your car from anywhere you have cellphone service from your phone. Plus the OnStar gives you status feedback (did car start?).

Some cars with key fob push button starts allow you remote start the car then open the door and get in and you have 10 seconds to push the start button twice, without touching the brake pedal and the car keeps running. This prevents someone without the fob from jumping in, pushing the brake, shifting into gear and driving off.

Yep you got it, Lexus remote start is lame.

Sorry.

I wish there is someone out there to hack/modify that remote start to be smarter....

Hardly see any mods, I guess the car is just to damn expensive for anyone (including myself) who are willing to mod.

I know I would like to keep my car as stock as possible.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

There's got to be an input on the remote start module connected to a door switch that senses when the door's been opened. Maybe you can find someone with a shop manual and wiring diagram, find the switch, and bypass it so the remote start can't tell if the door is open or closed. I don't know if this option is being sold in Colorado. In Denver, it's illegal to leave your car warming up in your driveway unattended, precisely due to auto theft. Cops have better things to do than retrieve cars for persons that leave invitations to thieves. Here in Colorado, I'm usually brushing piles of snow off the car while it's warming up, so remote starting isn't high in my priority list of must haves.

• 5 months later...

ADS,TST MOT,The ADS-TST is a compact, portable Trailer Socket Tester specifically designed for MoT Testing of all CAN-Bus and Standard 13 pin systems. The "Colour Co-ordinated" LED presentation clearly shows the MoT Test requirements as well as additional Non MoT Testing of +12v/24V Power and Reversing.http://www.nobd2.com/ads-tst-mot-testing-scanner-for.html