Es300 Headlamp Bulbs

kchin28

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I just bought some Silverstars (H7 - low) for my 2000 ES300. I am having trouble changing the bulb? Can someone give me detailed instructions on how I can change the bulb.

Thanks.

Changing the H7 bulb is very easy. When I bought my lesus two weeks ago , I was very frustated because I was not even able to change the light bulb. but here is how to do it . (lexus ES 300 97 to I think 01)

1. Open the Hood :P

2. disconnect the cable going to the H7 Bulb.

3. You will a black circular rubber cover with two tabs, (one on top and one at the bottom of the cover)

4. remove the cover by jiggling the two tabs.

5. Inside u will see the bulb holder which in held by a metal clip.

6. remove the clip and gently slide out the bulb .

7. inser the new bulb crefully into the bulb holder(or socket)with the base without touching the actual glass itself.

8. place the bulb holder into the hole while keeping in mind the direction (top or bottom). Secure it with the clip.

9. Insatll the rubber cover the way it was before , reconnect the cable , and test the light.

Thanks

Rizwan

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I just bought some Silverstars (H7 - low) for my 2000 ES300. I am having trouble changing the bulb? Can someone give me detailed instructions on how I can change the bulb.

Thanks.

Changing the H7 bulb is very easy. When I bought my lesus two weeks ago , I was very frustated because I was not even able to change the light bulb. but here is how to do it . (lexus ES 300 97 to I think 01)

1. Open the Hood :P

2. disconnect the cable going to the H7 Bulb.

3. You will a black circular rubber cover with two tabs, (one on top and one at the bottom of the cover)

4. remove the cover by jiggling the two tabs.

5. Inside u will see the bulb holder which in held by a metal clip.

6. remove the clip and gently slide out the bulb .

7. inser the new bulb crefully into the bulb holder(or socket)with the base without touching the actual glass itself.

8. place the bulb holder into the hole while keeping in mind the direction (top or bottom). Secure it with the clip.

9. Insatll the rubber cover the way it was before , reconnect the cable , and test the light.

Thanks

Rizwan

Thank you for this great explanation and fix. Going to a dealer to fix such a thing really wastes everyones time and money. Plus, understanding your vehicle is advantageous for anyone in the future. I followed your instructions to replace the H7 (low beam) bulb on my Lexus ES 300 03. The hardest part seemed to be getting the black rubber cover off, since there is not much room to work in there. I used some pliers to grab hold of the bottom tab and pull the thing off. Remarkably, replacing the rubber cover was remarkably easy. The other trick was keeping the clip (looks almost like a paper clip) flipped up while you get the bulb in place, but its not too bad. For most of us normal sized people, you are only going to be able to get one hand in there, and a penlight or flashlight does wonders.