Instrument Panel

odsalman

hi new to this forum,

I have a 56plate IS220D. It has not been a reliable car for me and now I have switched on the engine today and the middle instrument panel is completely dead and does not light up or work. this is the radio and heating system. the cd works but does not play as no sound etc. I have a parrot hands free kit wired up to the sound system and this work fine

the obvious place to check is the fuses? I have looked and each fuse shows no breaks.

Any suggestions ?

This being U.S. part of the forum there is little information specific to the diesel IS sold in the U.K. Have you checked the larger higher amperage fuses in the engine compartment fuse box? On U.S. models, some of the high amperage fuses control whole systems and the low amperage small fuses are more like "sub-fuses". And you could pull the fuse box (after disconnecting the car battery) and check for corrosion.

"56plate" doesn't mean anything here in the U.S. since our plates are not tied to year - I looked it up and am assuming "2006".