Rx 350 Cold Start Engine Knock

I just purchased a certified 2007 RX 350

In the morning on a cold start there is a distinct engine knock. It diminishes as the engine warms up but never fully goes away.

I have had the vehicle to Lexus service. They tell me this is normal (The nature of the beast). Does anyone have a fix or a service bulletin that addresses this problem.

I just purchased a certified 2007 RX 350

In the morning on a cold start there is a distinct engine knock. It diminishes as the engine warms up but never fully goes away.

I have had the vehicle to Lexus service. They tell me this is normal (The nature of the beast). Does anyone have a fix or a service bulletin that addresses this problem.

There is a lot of discussion about this issue on the board, and I believe the general consensus is that it is normal for the RX's.

yupp, very normal

My wife's '09 has done it since new and even the '10 loaner they gave her while hers was in for a recall...did the same thing.

While they say it's "normal"...you still wouldn't expect it from a $45k+ vehicle. Otherwise, it's been the most trouble-free vehicle we've ever owned. We love it.