400H, To Buy Or Not To Buy

I've been contemplating purchasing a RX 400h with 86,000 miles. I want to know what you all think of buying this high mileage vehicle. It appears to be in immaculate condition; interior, exterior and under the hood. Part of my concern is this: is there going to be things I immediately need to replace or fix? Timing belt, CVT maintenance, brake maintenance? I know I could probably pay a tech to do a once over on the vehicle before I buy it, but I thought I would ask in this forum first. Is there any telltale things I should watch for when I test drive it? Things I should ask the dealer about? I'm new to hybrids and to CVT's.

The brake and transmission fluids should have been changed at 30,000 and 60,000 miles, respectively. Soon, the coolant will need to be changed as well. Brake wear rate depends on driving environment (hilly, flat, or both) and braking habits (gradual or aggressive), so an inspection is mandatory in that regard.

Lemon will suggest looking for inverter coolant leaks - quick and easy for the most part. Also, if the battery is 5 years old, it should be replaced. They generally don't last much longer than that. I squirted some graphite into the ignition key slot to prevent the "key won't go in all the way" scenario and that has worked well.

Other than that, everything should be just fine.

Dave

Man I am jealous, I looked online and found a 2007 for 31k that has 53k miles...Is that too high? It is AWD, and all upgrade options including back up camera, Levinson sound, etc. It is a cpo car...