2000 Gs 300 Fuel Filter

Yes, there is a fuel filter in the fuel pump in the tank. It looks like more of a screen to me ... to keep larger pieces of junk from getting into the fuel line. Change it if your maintenance schedule says to change it. What does your maintenance schedule say? Do you have the maintenance manual that came with the car?

• 1 month later...

The Wix filter people tell me the fuel filter for my 2000 GS 300 is in the fuel tank. Can this be true and if so, should it be routinely changed?

Thanks for any help from the forum experts.

its a pretty easy change. only thing to becareful of is the O-rings. if they get cruched/damaged in the process toyota does NOT carry replacements for them, youll have to find another source. one other thing is when you re-install the filter becareful the black hose does not kink onto the floating leveler. it will throw off your gas gauge and will NOT trigger the low gas light even if youre down to empty. it happened to me, lucky there was a gas station right by me.