2010 Lexus Es350 Nav Question

HowardM

I have a 2010 ES350. Nav issue. The requirement that your vehicle be stopped before you can have access to enter in a new destination or perform a POI search. I have already had to pull over to the side of the road many times so that the passenger can enter a new destination. I completely understand the practical safety reasons for this limitation to the driver but also it seems reasonable that a passenger should be able to access while the vehicle is in motion. Any way to disable this feature?

I'm going to move this into the ES350 section.

Believe it or not...Lexus has relaxed that lockout for this generation. You can do far more while in motion than you used to be able to do, but entering destinations when driving is not one of them. You can select from your memory destinations, and your previous destinations, thats an upgrade you used to be able to just use the 5 presets at the bottom of the screen.

The voice inputs don't work, but have you tried using eDestination through the Enform service? You can call into the concierge and they will input the destination and send it to the car...

I have a 2010 ES350. Nav issue. The requirement that your vehicle be stopped before you can have access to enter in a new destination or perform a POI search. I have already had to pull over to the side of the road many times so that the passenger can enter a new destination. I completely understand the practical safety reasons for this limitation to the driver but also it seems reasonable that a passenger should be able to access while the vehicle is in motion. Any way to disable this feature?

This is a topic which has led to much heated discussion. There is no way to defeat this feature. Many feel that this sacrifices much of the utility of the Lexus nav system.