Brake Light Issues

GeeBoy

I recently purchased a 93 SC400 and the brake lights dont turn on when I turn on my headlights. They come on when I brake but not when im driving regularly at night. I changed the tail lights thinking that one of the filaments was burnt out but no success. I also checked the fuses which seem to be fine so I am mind-*BLEEP*ed right now. If you folks can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks

Have you tried using a basic test light to see if power is getting to the taillight pin of the bulb sockets? If power is getting to the tail light pin in the bulb sockets, the problem is likely a bad ground and you would then check the ground wire connections in the trunk.

Yesssss!!!!! Finally found out the issue. For some dumb reason the previous owners removed a relay controlling the lights from the kick panel. Restored functionality to tail lights sidemarkers and corner lights. Thanks to all those who gave me tips.