Correct Oil Fill For 2002 Ls430

sgretchko

The manual says the oil fill w/filter for 2002 LS430 is 4.8 quarts. I have seen some posts that indicate this incorrect and the proper amount is 5 to 5.5 qts. They cite a TSB which no one can provide a link to. I know that the 2001 and 2006 are different. I suspect the confusion is due to liters v quarts, etc. Does anyone have the correct answer? Thanks

The manual says the oil fill w/filter for 2002 LS430 is 4.8 quarts. I have seen some posts that indicate this incorrect and the proper amount is 5 to 5.5 qts. They cite a TSB which no one can provide a link to. I know that the 2001 and 2006 are different. I suspect the confusion is due to liters v quarts, etc. Does anyone have the correct answer? Thanks

I use 5 quarts including the filter (Toyota) on my LS430. I check the level on the dipstick after starting it up for a few minutes and then letting it set and drip back into the pan for a few minutes. It is always very close to the full mark on the dipstick. Good enough for me.