Recovering Front Seats

Woozy

Hi, Im a new menber and just bought a beautiful 1991 LS 400, I have owned a number of these cars and decided i wanted another. This one needc notthing except the front seats need to be recovered. First does anyone have a suggestion for a good reasonably priced supplier of these covers? I see that there are some on Ebay and was wondering if anyone had tried any of these.

I have restored many classic cars, mostly 60's and 70' cars, and have become quite good at recovering interior seats, but I have not done a more modern car. I figure getting the seats out of the car will be pretty easybut im wondering if there is any trick to getting the power section of the seat seperated from the seat bottom, should i position the seat like all the way forwar/backward prior to removing it from the car? Also how does the seat back seperate from the seat bottom, any tricks there? What about removing the headrest

I would be most greatful for any advice the membership can provide

Thanks

Woozy

• 3 months later...

Hey...

Hope you are still liking your ride. That's great you found a nice 91...how many miles?

I have a 90...~210000. She's in better shape than a lot of ones I see out there, but there are a few things the old girl could use.

Seats are not too bad. I have a gray interior. They have the best reputation for keeping their looks. (Tan is terrible.)

I came across this link.

https://www.leatherseats.com/default.asp

I looked over the website...looks like they might be worth checking out.

Please keep us up to date on what you find out there...its all about sharing info!

Cheers!

-Bill

Hi, Im a new menber and just bought a beautiful 1991 LS 400, I have owned a number of these cars and decided i wanted another. This one needc notthing except the front seats need to be recovered. First does anyone have a suggestion for a good reasonably priced supplier of these covers? I see that there are some on Ebay and was wondering if anyone had tried any of these.

I have restored many classic cars, mostly 60's and 70' cars, and have become quite good at recovering interior seats, but I have not done a more modern car. I figure getting the seats out of the car will be pretty easybut im wondering if there is any trick to getting the power section of the seat seperated from the seat bottom, should i position the seat like all the way forwar/backward prior to removing it from the car? Also how does the seat back seperate from the seat bottom, any tricks there? What about removing the headrest

I would be most greatful for any advice the membership can provide

Thanks

Woozy

I'd first go to Ebay and check for a used set but in good condition.