New Lexus Dilema

prelogic

This may be my first post here but I have been reading threads here for years and I want to thank all that provide such useful information for all of us. My question is which Lexus should I choose!?! I currently have a 1996 ES300 which I have used as a secondary car the last year and a half (I drive about 25K per year). This ES has 250K on it but it still feels very strong and I really enjoy driving it and am sold on Lexus so I got rid I my primary and decided to get a newer Lexus as a primary/only.

My gut tells me to save money and go with a 2000/2001 ES300 with ~130K for about $5500. But I can afford a newer Lexus, so here are my options:

2005 ES330 w/60K for $16K

2007 ES350 w/65K for $19K

2006 RX400H W/100K for $20K

I'm just looking for fellow Lexus owners opinions on what is the best long term vehicle for the money. Thanks.

How long do you plan on keeping this new car?

All of the cars you mentioned are pretty reliable, but it all depends on what you expect from them. The Rx400h has very new technology and with already 100,000 miles on the clock, may end up costing more in maintenance.

Personally i'd go with the 07 ES, from the ones you selected.

This may be my first post here but I have been reading threads here for years and I want to thank all that provide such useful information for all of us. My question is which Lexus should I choose!?! I currently have a 1996 ES300 which I have used as a secondary car the last year and a half (I drive about 25K per year). This ES has 250K on it but it still feels very strong and I really enjoy driving it and am sold on Lexus so I got rid I my primary and decided to get a newer Lexus as a primary/only.

My gut tells me to save money and go with a 2000/2001 ES300 with ~130K for about $5500. But I can afford a newer Lexus, so here are my options:

2005 ES330 w/60K for $16K

2007 ES350 w/65K for $19K

2006 RX400H W/100K for $20K

I'm just looking for fellow Lexus owners opinions on what is the best long term vehicle for the money. Thanks.

Hello and welcome.

I've had a ES330 and really enjoyed it. It was reliable and comfortable. However the 07 has some nice features and new upgrades that make it a good choice. The 100k on the RX would be a little much for me, particularly since it is not clear when the batteries need changing.

Paul

I have to agree with the general consensus here and say the 07 ES. You get all the nice features added in '07 (e.g. Push button start, the more modern body style). 100k miles on an 06 400h would be a tough sell since I believe '06 was the first year for the Hybrid RX and while the technology is solid I'd worry about the batteries.

I have been known to only keep cars for a couple of years but this time I plan on getting a vehicle I can drive for a while so it is important I like it a lot.

Thanks for the replies, I'll probably start test driving some soon. Probably leaning towards the es350 now, but I have also been considering an Acura TL for a sportier ride.

I'll update when I make a decision...