Steering Wheel Controls Stopped Working

Hi, weird thing came up. I have a 2007 RX400h,41000 miles. I just had it detailed and when I got in, the radio volume kept turning down by itself, none of the radio or phone controls on the steering wheel worked, and the odometer was just had a grey blank screen. I suspect something got wet. Service is closed on sundays, wondering if anyone ever had an issue like this. thanks

Brian

Definitely never heard of this one- who detailed the car?

If the car's still under warranty see what the dealer can find... But ultimately whoever detailed the car is responsible.

Thanks. it was a local car wash that does detailing. I also noticed condensation on the inside of the headlights, so something for sure got wet. This morning everything seemed normal, but it did switch to phone mode all by itself. The manager said to bring it back today if it was still acting up and their smog tech will look at it! I think they are not used to dealing with such a hi tech car. The guy kept trying to gun the engine, I'm like "hello its a hybrid and its already on" I hope it resolves because I am selling it this week!

Did they detail the engine bay? If so, there's the culprit! I simply spritz Simple Green and water before wiping with paper towels. I've read of too many electrical malfunctions after someone "cleaned" their engine bay.

Did they detail the engine bay? If so, there's the culprit! I simply spritz Simple Green and water before wiping with paper towels. I've read of too many electrical malfunctions after someone "cleaned" their engine bay.

I dont think so. First place I looked. There were still leaves under the hood so if they did they didnt do a good job. I believe they went under there and did something. They were asking were the fuse box was, I had no idea.

They probably pressure-washed under the hood and/or into the grille. That would explain condensation in the headlights and if they got fuses wet, it may have shorted something.

Were you able to get this resolved? What did the tech find?

Thanks. it was a local car wash that does detailing. I also noticed condensation on the inside of the headlights, so something for sure got wet. This morning everything seemed normal, but it did switch to phone mode all by itself. The manager said to bring it back today if it was still acting up and their smog tech will look at it! I think they are not used to dealing with such a hi tech car. The guy kept trying to gun the engine, I'm like "hello its a hybrid and its already on" I hope it resolves because I am selling it this week!