Interior Ripped...help Please!

rick98ls400

Hello - While borrowing my mother's RX400h to move some stuff, the cargo moved around too much and now there is a small tear in the rear passenger armrest and also a small tear in the magazine holder portion of the driver's seat...yeah, not happy. The dealer wants about $350 for the magazine holder and $775 for a new passenger door panel since the armrest is not separate. Any other suggestions? I guess I can try to find some out of a wrecked RX? Can upholstery shops repair small tears? Sorry no pictures. Also it is the vinyl portions of the interior that ripped not the leather. Thanks in advance for any help. --Rick

Yeah, it can probably be fixed but not 100%- how picky are you/the owner of the car?

Lexus dealers outsource leather people to do these types of repairs. I'd ask Lexus for their number and get an estimate...

Check with a high end used car dealer and ask who their leather upholstery guy is? Most of them have someone come once a week or so. They would be able to repair it...you could also check the salvage yards?