2007 Es350 Extened Warranty

LexusESFan

I am looking at a 2007 ES350 at a local Toyota Dealer. The car is 54,000 miles. I think there is remaining power train warranty. My question is, will I be able to get any Lexus Extended Warranty or would the Toyota Dealer offer any kind of Toyota used car warranty.

Thanks

David

I am looking at a 2007 ES350 at a local Toyota Dealer. The car is 54,000 miles. I think there is remaining power train warranty. My question is, will I be able to get any Lexus Extended Warranty or would the Toyota Dealer offer any kind of Toyota used car warranty.

Thanks

David

on the 2011, the factiry warranty is 4 year/50k miles bumper to bumper and 6 year/70k miles drivetrain..so if 2007 is the same, you have both miles and time remaining on the drivetrain at least

you can always buy an extended warranty, but it will be a used car warranty and the coverage will likely not be as extensive as the original bumper to bumper

as with any warranty decision, it is a function of how much you drive, how long you plan on keeping the car, the price, and coverage of the warranty

I have already heard some horror stories with Lexus repair bills...so IMHO, if it is a close call at all, I would lean towards purchasing the warranty

bought the 100k mile warranty for my 2011 since I drive about 18k miles/year..that factory warranty for 50k will go by real quick

good luck with your new car, enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a 2007 ES350 with 59k miles on it from a private seller. I came to Lexus dealer and asked for extended warranty ans was quoted about $2700 for 8 years 100k. That's not too bad, so I went for it.

Hi Lexus, Can you tell me, other than the drive train, what, in general, does the Extended Warranty cover. I'm just curious since there is so much disagreement over the benefits, or lack there-of, of extended warranties. I really don't know much about them.

Thank you for your time.

Paul