Maintenance Required Light

filhiol

2004 RX330. After paying $60+ bucks for a oil and filter change and a half a__ wash job at the local Lexus dealer since I bought vehicle new I decided to do it myself. No problem, however the maintenance required light recently came on. How does one reset this or just delete it as I keep good records in my computer concerning maintenance. Thank you

My face is red as I did not check the manuel because I followed the instructions in the manuel attempting to get the front passenger and two back windows to go down. After I replaced the battery the 0nly window that would go down was the driver's window. The rear hatchback door and sunroof worked correctly but the front passenger and rear windows will not. I followed the instructions in the manuel to no avail several times. Do you have any recommendation for this, any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

The only instructions I find in your owners manual regarding the windows after a battery change are these:

---------------------------------------

If the battery is disconnected or run down

The power window may not operate automatically and the jam

protection function will not function correctly after you

reconnect, replace or recharge the battery. At this time, the

indicator lights of the switches will flash. In any of these cases,

you should normalize the power window on each door.

To normalize the power windows:

1. Push down the power window switch of each door and lower

the windows halfway.

2. Pull up the switch until the windows close and hold the

switch for a second.

Make sure that the windows open and close automatically. If

the power windows cannot be operated properly, have it

checked by your Lexus dealer.

---------------------------------------

I guess you could try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if that helps. Also, make sure the battery terminals are sparkling clean. A little baking soda, water and old tooth brush does wonders as will a battery terminal/cable cleaning tool which costs a few bucks at an auto parts store.

Tried this supposed fix several times to no avail. The three windows just will not go down although the driver's window works fine. Guess I will try one more time. Terminals are clean.

I would make an assumption here, but having lived long enough to know that over 50% of ALL assumptions are wrong, now matter how logical the reasoning behind them, I'll chose not to assume! Did you try running the 3 inoperable windows down with their individual door switches, by the master drivers switch, or both?

For the windows - Hold the button ALL THE WAY DOWN, THEN HOLD THE BUTTON ALL THE WAY UP ----THEN.....KEEP HOLDING THE WINDOW SWITCH UP FOR AT LEAST 5 SECONDS AFTER THE WINDOW CLOSES.

Do this for ALL the windows via the master switch, or individually on each window control. The key is to hold the switches up after the window has closed.