Original Golf Trundler.

Mile_High_Flyer

No problem, just sheer curiosity. My 1999 LS400 came with a folding Golf Trundler in the trunk. Golf cart to you, maybe? It's sitting in an area obviously specifically intended for it. I was just wondering how common these things are, and do they come with the American or English cars? My car is a right hand drive, originally from Singapore. Cheers, Keith.

Unless it has a Lexus logo on it, it is likely a previous owner was careful to buy a cart that fit a particular area of the trunk. They are usually called golf carts or golf bag carts here in the U.S. Where I live, many courses do not allow golfers to walk the course and drag/push a cart and require the use of electric riding carts or allow golfers to walk only on certain days or times of the day.

I've noticed that far fewer Lexus branded accessories were sold in North America than in some other markets.

Seeing that you collect radios ... my grandfather sold and repaired radios in the 1930's and 1940's. I grew up with a Scott Superheterodyne radio in my bedroom which was connected to a long three or four wire antenna strung from the house to a post in the back year. The antenna wires were separated by a series of metal disks perhaps five inches in diameter. I spent countless evenings in the 1950's as a kid listening to short wave broadcasts from all over the world.

Did Lexus produce a LS 400 Pebble Beach edition ? I know Lexus produced a SC430 PB. whistling1.gif

The only official "special" LS400 models for the U.S. market I'm aware of were the 1994 "5th Anniversary Edition", the 1997 "COACH® Edition", and the 2000 "Platinum Series". There were sometimes special LS400 models sold in other markets such as the 2000 LS400 "Millennium Edition" for Canada which was essentially the same as the U.S. Platinum Series except without the emblems on the front fenders and the American Express credit card tie-in.

There are, of course. those cheesy, vinyl top "Palm Beach Edition" Lexus cars from a Lexus dealer in Florida -- I thought I had a photo of one of his LS400 aberrations but these other two will have to do.

post-2157-0-06617400-1297523012_thumb.jp

post-2157-0-87317300-1297523048_thumb.jp

Unless it has a Lexus logo on it, it is likely a previous owner was careful to buy a cart that fit a particular area of the trunk. They are usually called golf carts or golf bag carts here in the U.S. Where I live, many courses do not allow golfers to walk the course and drag/push a cart and require the use of electric riding carts or allow golfers to walk only on certain days or times of the day.

I've noticed that far fewer Lexus branded accessories were sold in North America than in some other markets.

Seeing that you collect radios ... my grandfather sold and repaired radios in the 1930's and 1940's. I grew up with a Scott Superheterodyne radio in my bedroom which was connected to a long three or four wire antenna strung from the house to a post in the back year. The antenna wires were separated by a series of metal disks perhaps five inches in diameter. I spent countless evenings in the 1950's as a kid listening to short wave broadcasts from all over the world.

My understanding is that it was an optional extra in Singapore. At least that was what the previous owner told me, and he brought the car in from Singapore. It doesn't have any Lexus logo. It has ClicKart by Moveasy. Fits in the trunk, against the rearmost (tail light) panel, with the Safety Triangle. You could well be right, though. I have no way of knowing. Thanks for the information :) Cheers, Keith.

Did Lexus produce a LS 400 Pebble Beach edition ? I know Lexus produced a SC430 PB. whistling1.gif

The only official "special" LS400 models for the U.S. market I'm aware of were the 1994 "5th Anniversary Edition", the 1997 "COACH® Edition", and the 2000 "Platinum Series". There were sometimes special LS400 models sold in other markets such as the 2000 LS400 "Millennium Edition" for Canada which was essentially the same as the U.S. Platinum Series except without the emblems on the front fenders and the American Express credit card tie-in.

There are, of course. those cheesy, vinyl top "Palm Beach Edition" Lexus cars from a Lexus dealer in Florida -- I thought I had a photo of one of his LS400 aberrations but these other two will have to do.

Holy crap, that looks :censored: !!

My understanding is that it was an optional extra in Singapore. At least that was what the previous owner told me, and he brought the car in from Singapore. It doesn't have any Lexus logo. It has ClicKart by Moveasy. Fits in the trunk, against the rearmost (tail light) panel, with the Safety Triangle. You could well be right, though. I have no way of knowing. Thanks for the information :) Cheers, Keith.

A photo would explain much if you can upload one or two.

Oh my god. My eyes. My EYES!!

Guru Member

Group:

Regular Member Posts:

3,432 Joined:

06-July 03 Gender:Male Car Model:2000 LS400

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

This is way off topic Jim my friend, but I just had to ask about the golf carts. I've only golfed a half-dozen times in my life, but I always thought that the purist walked the course and of course you always see the Pro's walking during play. So why do the clubs insist on using carts? Is it to speed up play?

Paul

A photo would explain much if you can upload one or two.

I think these photos have uploaded okay.

post-81796-0-54764500-1297878860_thumb.j

post-81796-0-34291300-1297878885_thumb.j

post-81796-0-45943900-1297878896_thumb.j

This is way off topic Jim my friend, but I just had to ask about the golf carts. I've only golfed a half-dozen times in my life, but I always thought that the purist walked the course and of course you always see the Pro's walking during play. So why do the clubs insist on using carts? Is it to speed up play?

Yes, the mandatory use of electric riding golf carts is to speed play. The decline of golfing that was predicted several years ago either didn't happen or at least not to the degree forecast. Golf courses here seem quite busy and are perhaps helped by the increasingly numerous promotions such as discounts available on websites like http://www.groupon.com

I stopped playing golf and other sports requiring binocular vision over 20 years ago but I always preferred to walk when playing golf regardless of what John Feinstein said in "A Good Walk Spoiled" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Feinstein

I think these photos have uploaded okay.

The previous owner of your car must have been (almost) as obsessive as I am. Finding a golf bag carrier to fit in that slot was probably not easy.