Thankfully Computer Isnt Dead In My 96

ED.

Thought the computer was shot in my 96 but turns out it was a bad sensor but bad news is sensor is pricey.

Save for ebay and Craigslist, any other known parters out there you'd all recommend?

You'll get useful feedback if you make a more helpful post.

Do you mean ECU is OK? How was that determined?

What sensor are you talking about? There are 10 or more on the ECU. What makes you think it is bad?

That was from my EVO so apologies on the lack of information.

My 1996 has air suspension and over the past year its had a few quirks and fails. One year ago this week a rear sensor was replaced then last week the whole entire back end does the same thing it did last year and drops to the ground.

Local guy couldn't figure it. Thought it was the other rear sensor but also thought it was the ECU (car would not hook up to any computer). Told me to take it to Lexus, which I did but it was doing the same thing for them so they too thought it was the ECU. They were finally able to get into the ECU and it was the other sensor. They filled it with air and I took it away (well, left it in their new car garage).

They said replace the sensor, have the code cleared then see if anything else is wrong. They think it has more issues but won't know for sure. The ball joints are worse than gone, the steering is leaking and the tires up front are eaten up from positive camber. I think my sister (who has been driving the car) didn't fill them or the alignment is whack.

I plan on replacing this sensor then going from there. With 250k I may just sell it as is. I just bought a 98 so funds for a project are scarce however, something cheap to keep miles off the 98 would be nice so I'm tempted to keep.

I saw an add for a Lexus Specific recycler here in CA: Valley Lexus Recyclers 8831 San Fernando Road CA 91352-1408 (818) 768-2525. Don't have any firsthand experience with them yet but they are the first Lexus specific place I've seen.